Homemade Washplant At Work In Canada

On a side note Steve,

I bought my first sluice, a Keene A52 hand sluice, from AMDS back in 2010 when on my first and so far only trip to Anchorage. You built an awesome store, and the staff were super friendly and helpful. Definetly a good reason to go back there, once the exchange rate improves.

Cheers!

It's now the secondary recovery section on my wash plant setup.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks Matt!

The plastic bin up top is the mucking stage, it's got spray bars in it to saturate the material and break down the gold stealing clays. Which is why the bigger tailings are so clean.

Then it's screened to an inch, then to 1/4 inch. With the middlings running through a nugget catch. No nuggets found yet.

Sub 1/4 inch then is sluiced through a 12" wide sluice x 60" of recovery area 1 10 H expanded metal with noodle mat, then through the Keene A52 with 3M miners moss.

Unfortunately I am going to retire this rig in favour for a lower mucking bin and only classify to somewhere between 1/4" and 1/2". Thinking a BBQ grill with the ends cut off to not get roots building up. Schlepping a couple tons, 50lbs a time, of feed stock 6' up a ladder is painful and clearing caught up roots between pails is inefficient.

• Like 1

I love mining gear rigs like this Bryce, thanks for posting. It was too good to leave in the other thread so split off on its own. I am glad AMDS treated you right, although I am afraid they have struggled with getting knowledgeable people on board since I left. I met with them recently with ideas on how to turn that around but sadly it is not what it used to be at this point. Hopefully improvement will be seen going forward.

• Like 1

Hi Rivers Rat,

The gravels are loaded into the grey plastic parts bin up on top, 3 gal/50 lbs a time after climbing a 6' ladder.

I uploaded a video to YouTube of it to keep down on Steve's data use.

Bryce

• Like 2