Minelab Military Discount

Just a reminder. Minelab offers a 15% discount on any Minelab metal detector from the MAP (minimum advertised price) to U.S. active or honorably discharged members of the military. Proof of past or active service is required and must be verified by providing a copy of a DD 214 or Military ID to qualify. The discount applies only to a metal detector purchase - parts and accessories do not qualify.

With discount the $799 Gold Monster 1000 is only $679.15. The Minelab GPZ 7000, normally $7999, ends up being $6799.15, a savings of $1199.85

• Like 6

I wonder if Hubby's VA card will work?  I was actually looking at the GM1000 to "go with" my ATX/Infinium next year in Montana.

Thanks for the info, Steve.  I never would have known without your post!

• Like 2

Minelab is not the only one that offers Vets a discount ( of course), it's just that many companies don't advertise it. I was in a Firestone Auto Center once and was having a rather loud conversation with some obnoxious bigot, during the conversation my military service came up. When I went to pay my $1,000 tab the cute young thing behind the counter asked if I was a vet ( she was privy to the loud exchange and a minority to boot) I told her I was and she gave me a 10% discount.  Since then whenever I make a major purchase I always ask if they offer a vet discount. So far I found Bass Pro Shop does and I saved $10 on hip waders. It's a two edge sword though, I went into Pioneer Mining in Auburn Ca to buy a $200 sluice and asked about a Vet discount and got railed by the old timers in there.  Some of us Vietnam era vets aren't that proud but were tough.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We usually ask about Vet discounts when we shop, but I hadn't even thought about a discount on a metal detector. I figure we should get a discount even if it isn't technically for Hubby.  It will get me out of his (imaginary) hair for hours at a time, so it kinda is. :biggrin:

Jim, we meet many Vietnam vets at our VA medical center in Viera, FL (an awesome VA, if anyone is shopping for a good one, BTW).  Those guys are some of the roughest, toughest people I have ever met, mentally and physically.  I, for one, am very grateful for your sacrifice and thank you for your service to our nation!  

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Like I said on another post the length is not the factor but just to show proof. I have a Id card with my picture on it plus two letters form my commander at the time to my mother.

I've used it over and over again with no questions from Minelab. I plan to take that same 15 % on my Equinox when I order one.

Chuck 

• Like 1

So the 800 will be about $764 with the military discount.  Yes!  Now, if they would just get me one out of R&D and into production I would be a happy camper.  Come on, Minelab, hurricane season only comes 'round once a year!

• Like 2

• The topic was pinned