Minelab Military Discount

• 7 months later...

Does Minelab still offer Military discount's

On 2/13/2018 at 10:07 AM, Osvaldo said:

so, in  kellycodetectors applys this discount??

You would need to ask Kellyco that question. Policies change all the time.

16 hours ago, rled2005 said:

Does Minelab still offer Military discount's

Yes, they do at this time.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm really sorry that I didn't see this thread when  I first joined this forum. I bought my GPZ when they first arrived in the U.S.A. I called the dealer that I had been doing business with for several years and he said yes, he was allotted 10 of them and one was available. We discussed price and I wasn't ready to put out almost $10.000 without making another call. I made that call, but the call went to his answering machine. I waited for nearly 24 hours for a return call. This gave me plenty of time to make mind up to make the purchase. I called my dealer back and confirmed the deal, I asked about the military discount and he said it wasn't available on the GPZ and the advertised price was the best he could do. He preferred a certified check, so I got one and put it in the mail to him with a return receipt. O boy I have the latest and greatest new detector on the way. A couple of days later the second dealer called me back and said he could get me one and offered free shipping and the military discount! I called my ex-dealer back and asked about the military discount, he said he would check into it for me. Well I got my GPZ but never heard back about the discount. 

Still not happy about that deal  Norm

• Sad 1
  • Oh my! 1

• The topic was pinned
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2020 at 2:01 PM, normmcq said:

I'm really sorry that I didn't see this thread when  I first joined this forum. I bought my GPZ when they first arrived in the U.S.A. I called the dealer that I had been doing business with for several years and he said yes, he was allotted 10 of them and one was available. We discussed price and I wasn't ready to put out almost $10.000 without making another call. I made that call, but the call went to his answering machine. I waited for nearly 24 hours for a return call. This gave me plenty of time to make mind up to make the purchase. I called my dealer back and confirmed the deal, I asked about the military discount and he said it wasn't available on the GPZ and the advertised price was the best he could do. He preferred a certified check, so I got one and put it in the mail to him with a return receipt. O boy I have the latest and greatest new detector on the way. A couple of days later the second dealer called me back and said he could get me one and offered free shipping and the military discount! I called my ex-dealer back and asked about the military discount, he said he would check into it for me. Well I got my GPZ but never heard back about the discount. 

Still not happy about that deal  Norm

Choose you dealer carefully.   I am 99% sure that I know which dealer screwed you. 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2018 at 9:07 AM, Osvaldo said:

so, in  kellycodetectors applys this discount??

Kellyco offers it, and so a lot of other stores.  The Sportsman Warehouse stores has Minelab detectors, and a few days ago I asked one of the store manager in Fairbanks, Alaska.  She told me that they don't offer but a 5% military discount.  I explained to her that there is 15% discount offered by Minelab and most stores, and asked her to check with the Sportsman Warehouse headquarters.  Anyway, I called "Alaska Mining & Diving" in Anchorage (they sell prospecting and diving equipment, plus detectors), and they do offer the 15% discount. I bought the Manticore, and used the 15% discount to buy an M8 coil. The discount amounts to $254.85, and the coils costs $251.00 (no discount is offered for optional coils and things like that, just the detector).

• Like 1