Gold Bug 2 User Finds 4 Ounce California Nugget

Like retail - location, location, location. He probably could have found this with a Bounty Hunter "muffler on a stick". Great things metal detectors - they detect metal!

I love my GB-2 and know it's a great detector, but this slug probably could have been detected with the machine that Alexander Graham Bell used to try and find the bullet in President Garfield! LOL

1. Location, location, location!

2. Work, work, work!

3. Right tool for the job.

Pretty much in that order.

Love my Gold Bug 2 though. Had one now for 20 years! I am getting ready to sell off most of my detectors but the Gold Bug 2 will survive the cut.

Hard to believe in twenty years nobody has built anything better or even as good for hitting the tiniest stuff.

We actually featured David Obester and this same big nugget find back in the May 2013 issue of the ICMJ. For those of you who have a subscription and want more detail on this find, dig out your back issues and check out the May 2013 issue, I worked with one of Mr. Obester's relatives up in Virginia City and one of the main deep shafts there is named for his family - the Obester shaft.