Gold Coin Found With Gold Bug Pro

Hello all, I had been out detecting with a friend and the place turned out to be a bust so I called my wife and had her come pick me up. I told her to bring her detector and we would detect a few pullouts on the highway as we headed home. She got there and we went by a spot at an intersection where some old diggings came down almost to the highway. She started detecting and I walked over to the edge of the diggings and started detecting. Within a few minutes got a booming signal with my GB Pro. I looked down a saw what I thought was a large flake of gold. I thought to myself, WOW! I reached down to pick the piece up and saw that it was a gold coin.

The coin turned out to be a 1843 D (Dahlonega,Georgia) two and a half dollar/Quarter Eagle. It has the large D and large date. Thanks, TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

post-1-0-65471500-1414826622_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-82269000-1414826635_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Wow, congratulations Ray, that's awesome! Your first, or just one of many? Never found a gold coin myself but now that I am in gold coin country it is for sure on my list of things to do. I suspect I will have to work a bit harder than you did for that one. That's detecting for you; sometimes great finds just happen.

• Like 1

Absolutely beautiful coin. Congratulations Ray!

Guest Paul (Ca)

She's  a beauty,  Glad your wife was there to cherish these moments with you.

Congratulations Ray, 

Paul (Ca)