Silver Ring From Beach...

rehupuntti

1 hour ago, rehupuntti said:

9"hf coil first beach detect...nice 95 id and 925 silver...

IMG-20170627-WA0004.jpeg

Nice find!  I like the look of those Deuses (sp?).  How does it handle salt water?

3 hours ago, MontAmmie said:

Nice find!  I like the look of those Deuses (sp?).  How does it handle salt water?

Poorly in the standard coil flavor. It's just OK in the dry salt sand but performs poorly in wet salt sand. My experience was at Daytona for 7 days this year... that's my total saltwater experience.  I brought the Deus, V3i, and Sovereign GT.

The Deus got less than 3 hours use it did so poorly in comparison. I ended up rotating between the other two, with the Minelab being the deepest even though I have less than one hundred hours on it, no prior salt beach detecting, a stock 10 coil only and a larger coil for the V. :blink:

Get an Excal or Sovereign for Daytona at least. :laugh:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Deft Tones said:

Poorly in the standard coil flavor. It's just OK in the dry salt sand but performs poorly in wet salt sand. My experience was at Daytona for 7 days this year... that's my total saltwater experience.  I brought the Deus, V3i, and Sovereign GT.

The Deus got less than 3 hours use it did so poorly in comparison. I ended up rotating between the other two, with the Minelab being the deepest even though I have less than one hundred hours on it, no prior salt beach detecting, a stock 10 coil only and a larger coil for the V. :blink:

Get an Excal or Sovereign for Daytona at least. :laugh:

I'd love to have a Sovereign just for the wet sand, but with our limited space inside this RV it probably ain't gonna happen.  My DFX does pretty well on the dry sand, so I would imagine that the V would as well.  Thanks, Deft!

The DFX and the V3i are very good in the wet sand even in the transition between the two....

I love my V3i and mixed mode stereo.

• Like 1

I talk trash about my DFX on here alot, but it's actually a pretty good wet sand machine.  I find the most pull-tabs and bottle caps :wink: running in relic mode with the pre-amp on 3 and both the AC and DC sensitivity cranked up a bit.  I dig everything but iron.  It falses a bit  when I get ankle-deep in the surf, but not bad.