June's Loot From Urban Prospecting

1498687175800.thumb.jpg.1d039fff37d586f11c17c95e6a06d0d1.jpg

The old faithfull patch where I found the 2 cent coin is still giving up the odd piece of silver jewelry and silver coins and wheats now and then, plus junk jewelry. Some of these rings and pins come from the school patch I work a few times in the evenings. Today I hit a four star park I never hunted before but have been eyeballing for a few years, so couple pieces from there in the picture. I took photos of that hunt because it was a scouting mission with good results. I'll post about it when I get more time.

Not much remarkable, IMO. No gold yet...  worst drought yet. :wacko:

• Like 7

That's a pile-O-loot.........:biggrin:

• Like 2

Thats a lot of digging for sure. Nice work. I really hate junk jewelry because there is so much of it. Never know what the next target is going to be and thats whats keeps us going. Good luck and thanks for posting! I've got a nice hot wheel collection going as well!

strick

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tvanwho said:

what did them chains sound like, broken signals, solid hits ,or something else? How much Disc are you using and coil size,etc?

-Tom

I use zero discrimination 95% of my hunts and then the other 5% I'll notch out everything above zinc trying to locate the gold. Mostly this month I used the 10" D2 on the V3i and 11" on the Deus. Probably 2/3 of the finds in the picture were taken with the V3i because typically I'll swing it for 4 hours or more then switch to Deus for two hours while I rest my shoulder.

The large chains sounded solid and pretty good, actually. The gold plated chain wasn't balled up that much and because I didn't circle the signal I cut it into two accidentally. The silver plate chain was half balled up at one end and sounded like a mostly solid can-slaw or coin-spill signal.

Both were found less than 5 inches in depth.

10 hours ago, strick said:

Thats a lot of digging for sure. Nice work. I really hate junk jewelry because there is so much of it. Never know what the next target is going to be and thats whats keeps us going. Good luck and thanks for posting! I've got a nice hot wheel collection going as well!

strick

Yeah, when I take a look at the whole.... my knees and wrists ache! Lots of squats in this picture, lol.

I love/hate the junk jewelry. Love knowing that nobody else is angling for gold and confirming I'm in the correct locations, hate the fact it comes out of the ground with less value than a zinc coin spill. :dry: At least I can Coinstar most of the zinc. :smile:

Thanks, and good hunting.

14 hours ago, strick said:

...I've got a nice hot wheel collection going as well!

strick

Ditto on the Hot Wheels strick, and that's still after giving 4 out of 5 of 'em back to kids before leaving wherever I am -- which in my case is usually a beach..

20 hours ago, Deft Tones said:

1498687175800.thumb.jpg.1d039fff37d586f11c17c95e6a06d0d1.jpg

...Not much remarkable, IMO. No gold yet...  worst drought yet. :wacko:

At least y'all are getting out.. Been 30 days today for me.. Talk about jonesin'..?! Found out May 29 I needed eye procedures done like yesterday.. Had 'em (which may still require further treatment but won't know for another couple weeks yet,) and right as I'm being cleared to resume normal activity I get hit with a bronchial infection -- which pretty much the only place that could have come from is the hospital's out-patient surgery area, since basically that's the only place I'd been.. Just finished those ABs so can now get back into the sun, but need to re-build the ol' base tan first to go longer than 90 min + - ..

Sooo, my count for June = 0, which to me means you had a great month, Deft.. Some times it's simply about perspective n has nothing to do with what one did or didn't get.. Will gladly trade you month's...

Swamp

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Swampstomper Al said:

. Some times it's simply about perspective n has nothing to do with what one did or didn't get.. Will gladly trade you month's...

Swamp

That's true. What's also true is that this month we both found no gold, I just worked harder not finding it, lol. :laugh:

I hope the coming month of July is good to you. :cool:

• Like 2