Deus 9" Hf And Pinpointer First Impressions

1515Art

Deus 9" hf and pinpointer first impressions

I got my new Deus 9" hf coil and wireless pinpointer yesterday, thank you Rob everything was perfect and the delivery was right on time.

Assembly and syncing everything went smoothly, I'd watched a couple of short utube videos on setup of the new coil the day before and it's a simple (intuitive) process anyway. I didn't think I was going to like the white color of the new coil, but now that I have it it looks fine and the coil cover is black, so OK.

Now all my comparisons are against my experience with the 11" standard coil, that's how I bought my original package new from the dealer. 

The balance is now much improved, the two coils don't feel all that much different off the main shaft in your hand, but once it's out there the new coil is much lighter and feels great, it also looks tiny in comparison to the 11".

The new coil completes the startup/EMI operations faster than the standard coil, at least the flashing light indicating completion of the operation seems to cycle in about 1/2 the time of my 11" coil.

The little I've run the new hf coil in some parks I'm not at all disappointed in the performance, it's smooth and manageable in all frequencies and is less bothered by emi. In one area I was directly under some power lines at a school where my whites sst had been unusable and the 11" coil really struggled. Directly under the wires I did pick up some chatter, lowering the sensitivity (70) helped a lot and 10 feet away I had no problem with the emi. The depth I'm seeing seems about the same as the 11 standard, I'm picking up wheat cents and other deeply buried old clad I missed with the 11" and tiny pieces of aluminum fragments from bottle cap retainer seals. I'm still getting a feel for the target I'd numbers the 11" numbers jumped around so much they weren't very useful, these seem better more stable... the tones are also crisper and its easier to lock on to on a desirable target sound (I think anyway). Most of these things I expected to improve just by going to the smaller coil, the 11 will now be reserved for speciality hunting, beach and wide open areas. Pinpointing is very accurate both by the wiggle or pinpoint function.

Speaking of the pinpointer it's easy to sync, doesn't false works perfect, very accurate tones (meaning the pitch setting), easy to adjust...I can hear it in my headphones, very nice lanyard and belt clip, it worked perfect, one time I did have to switch back to the pointer and then coil when the coil volume did not sync but the switch from pointer to coil is almost instantaneous and automatic when you press the pointer power button. I love this pointer and now could not part with it this is a must have for the Deus.

I ran the coil over some tiny gold in my back yard, the Emi is really bad I have old power lines and transformers running directly across the rear of the property. I had no trouble hearing the tiny nug with the chatter from the electrical lines, I'm anxious to get up in the hills and try out the new coil next week in some trash areas in gold country and see how well it handles the iron and hot rocks.

happy hunting, clark

• Like 2