GPZ 7000 2 1/2 Years On Where To Next ?

Hi Every one 

With the GPZ-7000, 2.5 yrs on and only a single update to fix the GB , Is it about time that the next update is just around the corner ?

What is it that you'd like to see in the next fix or performance or what ever etc etc 

I for one would like to see a similar screen used as the CTX 3030 that shows you what target is what , surely ML should be able to do that by now ? or can they ?

Cheers Marty

Evening Marty.  There was a mention from a bloke on another forum that that they had been speaking to a Minelab person and had detailed a few things that were coming in a 'soon to be released' GPZ update.  But that was about 4 months ago. 

I suppose JP, Steve, Lunk, etc may know more and may have tested things but probably can't say much. 

Would be great if a Minelab person had a presence here (or another forum or the Minelab web page) and could just give a general outline of what might come and what timeframe.  I think that might also be the hope from all major detecting companies.

But you can't hurry genius I suppose  :cool:

I would like to see a variable auto smoothing and variable ground type controls and two or three customer designed presets to save time resetting thee or four functions each time I want to cover a small piece of ground for small/ shallow vs. large/ deep. I would also like to be able to download an arm strap that would fit over my coat sleeve.

• Like 2

One reason I never jumped the gun and bought the gpz, I am not as  tech-savvy as some one the forum...after reading all the reviews and difficulties on programming and ground balancing I opted out. So one suggestion to Minelab is to develop a user friendly advanced machine for the rest of us. I am positive more detectors would be sold....Yeah I admit it...:blink: technology makes my head spin. But don't forget we have money/gold  burning in our pockets ..we want to spend it.

Marty - I provided some constructive feedback to Minelab in the attached "Wish List" survey.  It was interesting to hear what people were looking for.  I can only hope they use some of these suggestions for future upgrades.  I know many times engineering's hands are tied as to what can be done to a product.  Typically, marketing pulls all the strings.   But the GPZ is young enough that they are not going to just stop doing improvements.  For example, I know they will eventually get to the smaller coil.  If I recall correctly, this was documented to be in the 11" range.  But with the Gold Monster out there, they are probably spacing out their releases so that they are not competing with themselves.

• Like 2

Just looking for the next Firmware up-date not a new machine 

I did hear that they are close to getting the discrim working , be nice but I'm not going to hold my breath 

Marty

5 hours ago, AuWanderer said:

One reason I never jumped the gun and bought the gpz, I am not as  tech-savvy as some one the forum...after reading all the reviews and difficulties on programming and ground balancing I opted out. So one suggestion to Minelab is to develop a user friendly advanced machine for the rest of us. I am positive more detectors would be sold....Yeah I admit it...:blink: technology makes my head spin. But don't forget we have money/gold  burning in our pockets ..we want to spend it.

Au,

You are way scared of nothing.

You can make this detector sound like the Monster (no threshold) and still find more gold than just about any detector ever made.  I have a 5000 and this is way more simple than that ever was.  Soil timings?  Are you serious ... I was only getting lucky with that machine on the small stuff.  It was even hard to find meteorites with it.

The 2300 is easy also but not quite loud enough for me.  It needs a boost.

Mitchel

• Like 1