GPZ 7000 Software Update 2 - Ground Smoothing & Semi Auto Ground Balance

Thanks Steve.  Even if it can knock out 30% or 40% that would be a real bonus.  Normal makes such a difference to the number of targets coming through.  Hopefully now the percentage might be more in favour of good targets. 

Thanks again :wink:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Northeast said:

So it smooths out unwanted ground noise - does it have any effect on unwanted hot rock noise?  I can already slow down my coil speed/ground balance better to assist somewhat with ground noise but it doesn't help the hot rocks.  Am I just hoping for too much??  Hot rocks are the main reason Normal ground mode is not usually a viable option around my neck of the woods - but I hope it can be :biggrin:

x2 on the Hot Rock issue.  Where I am at we have a real nasty grey basalt (that overlays very good gold areas) that you cannot tune out by any method.  I almost feel like shipping Bruce Candy a bunch of these rocks with a note saying "What about these?"  LOL

• Like 2

G'day All,

We went out for a few hours yesterday afternoon and the first thing I noticed was, it ran a little bit jittery than normal.  I had it set in the Locate Patch setting, with all my other settings how I normally have them set at.  The other thing I noticed was you could swing the coil at a slightly faster speed than I normally would and I was pinging tiny bits of rusty metal and those tiny bird shot, which I usually need to slow right down and have to concentrate very carefully just to hear them.  I didn't manage to find any yellow, but the way I was picking up those pesky bird shot, I have no doubts, I just didn't have the coil over any gold today.  My thoughts are the GPZ is definitely running a lot better with this new version 2 update.  

Cheers. 

Mike. 
  • Like 7

G'day All,

We went out to some Laterite ground today and I decided to try some different settings to see how the new update would go.  First I ran it with my normal settings with the locate patch and I couldn't fault it, just the odd hot rock sounding off. Then I decided to run it in the Normal ground mode still in the locate patch setting, with a lot more hot rocks coming through, which was expected.  I also had a play with the smoothing Low & off, but found it a lot more jittery, I didn't lower the sensitivity as I prefer to run it on 18.  A couple of the spots just off the Laterite, which were lower flat areas where you can see has had a lot of water running through I didn't notice whether there was any salty noise coming through (maybe I should have changed it back out of the ground smoothing to the normal settings to check it out) usually the GPZ lets me know.  Once again I didn't have any luck with any yellow, but I did find some pellets and old rusty metal. 
Here's a picture of the ground we were working. 

Cheers. 

Mike.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Hello to u all Gents...

Glad to hear about this new update and progress..my question:- Is this update to deal only with salty and aggressive soils( red clay) or work better also with mild soils...

with my regards...

Lutfi... 

I'm planning on a moonlight hunt tonight where the temperature will not get below 75 at sunrise.  

I'll be going over ground we have hit before with some of these new settings.  I'm going to find some of our ironstones and see if there is any tracking difference.  I'm also going to use Locate Patch on a known patch.

I hope the changes make a difference in performance and if I find something it was just not a missed coverage piece so I'm going to look under fewer bushes!

Mitchel

• Like 3

I made it back from my moonlight trip.  I'll post it in a separate thread.  Let me just say here that most of our ironstones have been removed as a target with the Locate Patch software.  That still does not make more gold to replace that we already found!

• Like 2

G'day All,

I finally broke my short drought (since the update) today, also I worked out how to get rid of those dreaded jitters I was experiencing with the GPZ.  I had to adjust the threshold up to 29 and wallah the jitters were gone.  The first Nuggy I found pushed the scales above the gram mark my best for a few weeks now.    :smile:     The GPZ in my opinion is now the Machine that we have all been waiting for.    "THANK YOU MINELAB".     :biggrin:

Cheers. 

Mike.