Going For The Ugly

I'd much rather detect at the beach or the Beautiful high Sierras but sometimes it pays off the hunt near home. For the last few months they have been tearing out the Main Street near where I live so I finally decided to check it out.  There is a train Depot there. Fun and something to do. Got a 1870 Spanish coin and other goodies... I enclosed a pic of what the coin would have looked like in its prime. 

20170626_151302.jpg

20170626_192532.jpg

20170627_194520.jpg

20170627_194523.jpg

20170628_193302.jpg

2077-18602-6912o.jpg

2077-18602-6912r.jpg

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Swampstomper Al said:

Hope the reverse is decent on that 1913-D too, strick

,,,And a 1 under the 2 on that Merc!  :wink:  Very nice effect the way you framed up that coin for the photo, Strick.   I'd be headed back there as much as I could before they do the repave and seal up the goodies for another lifetime.  But, then again, maybe by the time they tear it up next time Fisher's top secret detector will have been released.

• Like 3

Way to go... and yup... I'd be there till there was no more there to hunt.

• Like 2

Lots of weird sounds coming from this place deep targets Etc for some reason the CTX started to hit real good right before dark the other day I don't know if it has to do with Emi or what but it's a potpourri of stuff for sure. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, strick said:

Lots of weird sounds coming from this place deep targets Etc...it's a potpourri of stuff for sure. 

Train tokens, etc., etc.. Bet there's some merchant rounds to be found..
Wouldn't doubt smaller denomination gold coinage either..
Follow track side / bed / whatever's left a ways too.. Old camps now overgrown just out-of-town..

Swamp

• Like 4

Went back to the street tear out yesterday had about 40 minutes before dark found this 1900 German Mark it's silver and in fairly good shape. 

20170712_072844.jpg

20170712_072825.jpg

• Like 5

Yea the place is baffling me...see how someone took a hammer to the edge of the coin? wish I got there earlier during the construction...missed out on a lot of good old dirt. Got a 04 Indian head there. There is still more work to be done so I'll be checking it out regularly. When you gonna come back for a hunt? 

strick