Beach Attack!

Thanks Strick!

Wow!  That guy was lucky to get out of that situation alive, especially if he was being beaten with his own beach scoop.

That particular jetty at Carlsbad Ca., shown in the video, is the place we used to fish all night at, catching lots of fairly large fish that liked the warm water coming out the electric plant nearby.  We never had any issues from anyone there, having a bonfire, etc. going most all night.  That was long before metal detectors, I bet there could have been some nice finds there.

~LARGO~

• Like 2

Thanks Strick,

I feel for the guy.  I avoid everyone I can when I'm on the beach.  You never know and if they are close then it may be too late.

Unfortunately there is another part of the story that is also alarming.

I'm almost elderly!  I'm walking the line now based upon the way the story has been reported.

Mitchel

• Like 3

Getting to be lots of crazy in the world! This story makes me so angry.

I'm teaching my boys to do the right thing and act to defend victims of bullies...so they need the tools, which is why they must go to jiu jitsu classes. I've explained to them they better enjoy it (they do) because there is no choice for them. I'm not sending snowflakes forth into the world... hopefully they'll pass along to their children. Stand up for the rights of the minority, protect the weak, young and old, do what is good and right within your understanding - Be men!

While detecting, I never allow strangers to enter my 5 foot personal space. They advance, I circle for an angle while back-stepping. I've even ordered a guy who was a bit strange acting, "Take your hands out of your pockets when you talk to me!" That pretty much ended our conversation within seconds. I'll close the distance if/and when I feel comfortable enough. When they're intruding on my life and time... only within my comfort level and at my discretion.

Thankfully our state recently passed a stand your ground law. I'm no longer obligated to retreat anymore. Punks beware! :angry:

• Like 2

Never try to break up a fight between two brothers...just saying and best to stay out of husband/wife disputes 

Strick

• Like 2

On 7/8/2017 at 5:38 PM, mn90403 said:

Thanks Strick,

I avoid everyone I can when I'm on the beach.  You never know and if they are close then it may be too late.

Mitchel

I'll tell you, Mitch, that's a good policy anywhere in the outdoors anymore. I never approach strangers when I'm out alone....nothing good can come of it. too many pot-growers, drug-runners, etc. I make very effort not to be seen, too.

jim

I pack..... Nuff said.

• Like 2