Congrats all on your finds from new ground

• Like 1

Nice write up Steve, I love hiking with the GPZ looking for virgin patches.  1 piece patches seem to occur everywhere.

• Like 2

Great story and nice chunky nuggets! I usually get a big 'ol skunk when looking for new areas! :-)

• Like 5

So,just wondering how did the poor skunk get such a bad reputation among us gold seekers?

Steve, why are you burdened with that ship's anchor ATX when you have the version you modified with weight almost cut in half?  (And thanks for your always informative+educational writings.)

Excellent write up, Steve!

I love cruising for new patches in less explored areas. Good looking gold,too! I like Robs suggestion...50/50. Can't wait until it cools down. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Dean

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By normmcq
      I just got back home yesterday from wintering in Arizona and am now seemingly a prisoner in my own home due to the virus. I was able to go out detecting many times with only a few skunk days. The last day out, I found this specimen that is quite different from anything I had found before.
                                                                                                                                Norm

• By Rob Allison
      Hey Guys,
         I had to social distance myself, so I decided on a trip back to the old placers.  Like always, digging tons of iron rubbish, this time I must of dug a dozen iron pick tips.  I'm sure they were using the tips to pry open crack and it would just snap off the tips.  I was working with my Minelab GPZ 7000 all day, moving rocks and racking sections of bedrock off.  I ended up with 6.2 Grams of the good stuff in 5 gold nuggets total.  
      I didn't get a picture of all the nuggets or a final shot, but here are a few I took during the earlier hours.  A few pieces wedged in the bedrock cracks.  
      Wishing and praying for health and wellness for you all during these crazy Coronavirus times. 
      Rob

• By nvchris
      Unnamed location.

• By idahogold
      Just posted on Yourube- Not posting here because there is F-bombs🥵 at the end of the video...put the above title in search to find! BEAUTY" Happy 2020 Enjoy! Ig
      Steve H added....

• By Smithsgold
      Recirculating Sluice - Testing a Recirculating Sluice and the  April Update on what we have going on . Sneak peek at our next video !!!! Hope you enjoy the video,
       Jeff

• By Smithsgold
      River Detecting for Gold Nuggets - See who gets the Biggest Nugget. Gold Prospector's Jeff ( Smithsgold ) and Gary ( Two Toes ) Head to the Hills in search of  rare Gold Nuggets. Watch and see who gets the most Gold and the Biggest Nugget. SG 010