MX Sport Coils

sod

Been thinking about picking up a 7" or 9.5" coil for the MXS. I've seen one review on YT on the 9.5 but nothing on the 7"

They said the 9.5 looses very little depth over the stock 10" and pin points better.

How much depth loss would the 7" have over the 10" and how well does the pin pointing work with the 7"?

I've been detecting the fresh water lakes with a lot of trash and cant seem to hone in on my pin pointing.

Thanks in advance.

Sod.

Hey Sod

I have the 7 inch Detect coil and others too for my MX Sport. I'm more than happy with the 7 inch and keep it on MX most of my hunting.

I'd say you can't go wrong buying it.

Chuck 

whites-mx-sport-waterproof-metal-detector-2017.jpg

The White's MX Sport comes with an epoxy filled DD coil that does not float when submerged. The main issue with the 950 (9.5") round concentric is that it is foam filled and so buoyant in the water. It will however pinpoint easier and help with difficult ferrous targets like bottle caps. Depth can be as good as the stock coil in milder ground but as the ground mineralization gets worse the stock DD coil with have an advantage.

The 7" DD is made by DeTech and is epoxy filled so no issues with being submerged. It will pinpoint easier just due to being smaller and of course will not cover as much ground. Depth will be lost compared to the stock coil in mild ground. However, in really bad soil the depth can be surprising because the smaller coil "sees" less ground volume and so can still come very close to the stock coil for performance in the worst ground.

whites-mx-sport-detech-7-dd-950-concentric-coils.jpg

15 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Hey Sod

I have the 7 inch Detect coil and others too for my MX Sport. I'm more than happy with the 7 inch and keep it on MX most of my hunting.

I'd say you can't go wrong buying it.

Chuck 

Ridge Runner: You say other coils too ? You wouldn't happen to have run a 6" x 10" and if so what are your thoughts? Thanks Chuck. Sod

7 hours ago, Onearmwilly said:

I have the 6x10 for sport. It's going to float like the 950. I use it in woods & brush. It's my 2nd most used coil for sport. The 7" detech is hard to beat. 

Thanks Onearmwilly

I came in from the parks this afternoon and the 7" coil was at the door. I'll be playing in the water first thing in the morning. If I wasn't so whipped, Id head back out.

The 6X10 looks like a nice coil to Willy.  I would be using it in water and I already have to tie four lbs of weight to my feet to keep my butt from floating.

Thanks.

Sod.

17 hours ago, sod said:

The 7" coil floats too.

GL&HH

Sod

Really? When I use that coil to hunt swimming areas it feels pretty neutral. It's epoxy-filled so it should sink. Feels a lot less resistant to water too.