MX Sport Questions

Hello there, 

After few months of heavy used at waterfall, beach and dirt, I'm happy that the MX sport didn't have crack, leakage issue :smile:. I'm still learning the language of the MX sports.. Still didn't understand about the threshold, what it use for, what does it tell me when the hum disappear in a brief of time especially at high mineralized ground like beach. And I still not confident using the relic mode, too much information its giving out for me :wacko:. Thank you very much. HH

Relic mode can be challenging in dense targets.

The threshold alerts you to several things. The first of course being that faint increases in the threshold can indicate very deep or very small targets.

In a discrimination modes the threshold going away or "nulling" usually indicates you have passed over a target that has been entirely rejected or discriminated out.

The threshold can also null if you pass over a streak of black sand or some other ground that is dramatically different that your ground balance setting. If this happens very often where there are no targets you need to adjust your ground balance and possibly sensitivity. Any items in those spots could be missed because nulling due to improper ground balance can suppress good target signals.

I hope this helps - good luck!

whites-mx-sport-waterproof-metal-detector-2017.jpg

• Like 1

Steve as always is spot-on. If you are somewhat new to detecting I would run a low (or NO) threshold. When you get used to that increase it and enable the REJ VOL to hear all the iron in the ground. It can let you know where to slow down and pick through a spot.

• Like 2

On 7/18/2017 at 4:13 AM, fishersari said:

Hi guys ,

Tq for the reply, now it getting clearer, and what the difference between coin  jewelry + salttrack on mode and beach mode, using both at beaches

Pro tip that has helped me out in farm fields and hot ground - enabling salt track in any mode results in quieter operation and more stable signals. But requires a slightly slower sweep speed to allow the ground tracking to track the big changes in ground conditions.

• Like 1