Semi-auto GPZ Ground Balance

Early days but I also am finding the semi-auto seems to add an edge in highly variable ground, using the 19 in Extra deep, difficult over some deep ground, rest as per JPs conservative.

• Like 3

On 7/19/2017 at 3:12 AM, davsgold said:

G'day spinifex

I also use the semi auto ground balance in WA Australia, I use this method to set it.  Put the yellow ferrite on the ground have the detector set to semi auto GB then hold the quick track button and sweep back and forth (side to side swings) over ferrite while holding the quick track button in keep doing this until there is nil response to the ferrite, then release the quick track button.

I then only pump the coil up and down when necessary and don't use the quick track button again until I change areas and have to use the ferrite again.  This could be the next day or so.  It basicly turns the 7000 GB system to more like the 5000 in auto tracking.

I find the semi auto GB and the locate patch to be very useful detecting with the 7000. :biggrin:

cheers dave

I like how you brought it up that it is running more like the 5000 with the semi auto ground balance. When the 7000 came out, I was trying to make it run like the 5k. But the 7k is a different beast. But since the software upgrade, it does seem to sound like it is running like the 5k in fine gold tuning. All I know is that I like it so far. 

Going to hit some new areas behind the Johnsville are this weekend. Will be at Ross Camp. Stop by for a cold beverage in the late afternoon if in the area. 

• Like 2