GM 1000 Battery

Testing phase of this new machine.  Tomorrow I will be going out to a copper claim on Vancouver Island.   Geology reports that some of the rock may contain gold.  I have not charged the battery since purchase.  Today I plugged the lithium ion battery into the wall charger in prep for tomorrow but did not see any light.  When I first un-boxed the unit I plugged the battery in and a red light came on.   The next day the light was green (fully charged).   This time no light.  Does this mean the battery is still at a high enough charge?  Does this battery require a full discharge before re-charge or should it be plugged in after every use even if just a few hours?   Many thanks for this...seems like not a very important question but I did not find any reference on ML site "search" function.   As far as the unit itself for my wee spot of the globe ... too early to tell.   It did find a few old coins in my lady's flower bed first go round.   Looking forward to testing it out tomorrow on this very large copper claim in the Port Alberni area.

Something is wrong. Wiggle everything, try another outlet, maybe even use the 12V hookup to a car battery. You should have a blinking green light while charging, steady green when charged. As a Lithium Ion battery it requires no special care or handling procedures. Just use until low or dead and charge up.

Does the battery work when placed in the detector?

Always have the AA holder alternative as backup. I use it with rechargeable AA batteries and it works fine.

minelab-gold-monster-1000-battery-charging.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks.....  I had a multi unit plug into main plug which I removed and went direct charger to wall outlet... works fine.  

• Like 1