Today's Gold

Well done sir Lunk.  

That is interesting ground you were hunting.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies everyone.

21 hours ago, kiwijw said:

Awesome Lunk. Good on you mate. Nice slug.:wub: 

I went out saturday arvo with the Zed & got skunked. Admittedly it was on well thrashed ground I have been over already a few times with the Zed getting some nice bits of gold. This time the ground was quite damp from recent snow & rain & with the new download I thought I might be in with a chance of a deeper lurker. Not to be. Oh....I did get another old small gauge tramway rail spike from an old hard rock mine ore cart rail system. That had me digging down the length of my pick handle which is 700mm ( about 27.5 inches) I used the GB2 to pinpoint & it was telling me that it was iron. But I just had to get the target out, just in case it was masking a bit of the good stuff. It wasn't :rolleyes: but it was a good work out. One I could have done with out:blink:.  The GB2 saved the day with two tiny bits so at least I wasn't skunked for the day. I gave the GM 1000 a well deserved rest. Cheers.

Good luck out there

JW :smile:

I feel your pain, JW; I once dug 4 ft (1.2 m) only to find an old tin pail waiting for me at the bottom of the hole...or was it a shaft?

3 hours ago, Sourdough Scott said:

Very nice detecting. GPS coords? ?

In all the excitement I nearly forgot to turn my device's location services off before snapping some pics,  lol. 

• Like 3