I don`t own a claim and don`t understand how these situations reach  the level that they do. Is it ignorance on the part of the miner or does the fault lie with inept forest service people out stepping their jurisdiction. Is there any recourse or review within the forest service itself to prevent these problems before money is needlessly spent? Seem both parties should be working together, not against each other.

• Like 4

Klunker, nice, I love stories like this with a happy ending. Every time I'm out exploring and run across a new area with trees piled across yet another road or trail closed...well, it's just not a healthy thing for my already mild hypertension. Thank you

• Like 2

If I run into a problem....any problem...I'm calling you first...just saying

strick

• Like 2

Klunker,

Thank you.

Your knowledge of regulations, requirements, bureaucracy and perhaps the supervisor has won the miner the day. 

It seems that the desire of the employee to enforce their view would not be supported at the supervisor level so that supervisor took the proper action and told the miner a different way to be in compliance.

Knowledge Trumps regulator's desire.

Mitchel

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By little_fellow
      Good day people. Little_fellow here from northeastern Ontario. I have some property here but I don't have the mineral rights on it. I don't recall why I was under the impression that anyone wanting to look for surface gold or mineral on the ground surface was entitled to do so but upon doing some research , it seems like whoever owns the mineral rights, owns everything as far as mineral rights go, here in Ontario. Can any one tell me what my options are or do I have any options? I've never done anything like this but I think this would be interesting.
    • By nickeldNdimed
      Hello, seemed like this is the best place to ask.  I’ve read but do not recall what US states and countries make detecting impossible or difficult.  Thank you for any information, thoughts, or personal experience. 
    • By greenguy79
      Hey guys!!
      So I'm wondering if anyone knows the Oregon law or can point me to a link (I've exhausted google on this) if I can use a recirculating sluice powered by a 12v battery back at camp and bring dirt up from the river to work.  I've put in phone calls down to Salem numerous times and have never received a call back.  I think after reading the 700 permit rules I would need this permit if I was discharging tailings back into the river but I'm unclear if I bring the dirt up if that's still a no-no.  Oregon mining laws in general are pretty frustrating to try and navigate.
      I really appreciate any information about this subject somebody might be able to point me to.
      Thanks a bunch!
      ~green
    • By mn90403
      We should have known earlier.  According to Clay at My Land Matters:
      Mining is exempt from lockdown Did you know mining activities have been declared an essential industry? Mining is on the US Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency's ‘Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce’ list.
    • By Lunk
      I'm strictly a detector operator, so when a friend asked me about the ins and outs of dry washing on public lands, I was at a loss. I told him that I would ask the knowledgeable folks here on the forum. Specifically, is dry washing considered casual use of the land, just as metal detecting and panning are? Is a mining claim and/or notice of intent or plan of operation required for motorized dry washers? Thanks in advance for your insights!
    • By softhorse
      Good mornin' y'all-
      I have done several hours of solid research this morning about lode staking and I have not found conclusive answers to theae two questions yet. These questions are only for the initial time you actually discover the lode area and place the monument on the diacovery, before sending in any paperwork/filing forms/fees, etc. If you have any experience with these specific areas of lode claim staking here in CA, I would very, very much appreciate any advice, experience, and or details you have to share. Thank you very much for your time, experience, and your help. 
      1. Does the discovery monument need to have a written/filled-out notice of discovery paper/sign attached to the actual monument or posted anywhere around it on day-1, or, does it simply just have to be a bare monument with no posted notice/wtitten sign?
      2. If a written/filled-out notice of discovery paper/sign is required on the center monument at the initial staking of said Lode claim, do I need to list my personal address of residence with my full name posted on the sign? I'd like to maintain whatever privacy I am allowed to keep while also following all of the related rules/regulations/laws. I do not have a separate business set up that I could put on the sign either.
      Thanks again and have a rockin' day!
      Kevin