A really good job of straightening out this problem Klunker. Clay (Barry) thank you again for your input of true information.

Mike

• Like 4

I will add one tidbit to the great information already presented. The old hands at the agencies have been retiring in large numbers the last few years and the rest are being encouraged to leave. These were once the same problem types long ago but years on the job has taught them a lot and they are usually more easy going. Less expensive new hires fresh out of college tend to know less of course but also have some of those youthful ideals about saving the world and such that can make them problematic. As has already been said, knowing the rules yourself, and above all being calm under fire and respectful at all times, even if you are not being shown the same respect, goes a long way in this game. I know way too many miners who just made things worse for themselves by going in with huge chips on their shoulders. It does indeed take two to "tangle". Be firm, stand your ground, and keep to the high road.

Good job Norm!

• Like 8

Thanks for all the replies. ClayD. and SH. wrote exactly what I was trying to express. This situation is a blatant, egregious abuse of authority. I will probably not pursue it further as the claim owner just wants to be shed of the stress and I still need to deal with the minerals officer on other projects.

• Like 5

Do you know why klunker can get away with so many wisecracks?  

Klunker is WISE!

We do have to deal with people again and again.  Try not to burn too many bridges.  If you must, avoid that bridge and path in the future but it is WISE to know it is still there.

Mitchel