A really good job of straightening out this problem Klunker. Clay (Barry) thank you again for your input of true information.

Mike

• Like 4

I will add one tidbit to the great information already presented. The old hands at the agencies have been retiring in large numbers the last few years and the rest are being encouraged to leave. These were once the same problem types long ago but years on the job has taught them a lot and they are usually more easy going. Less expensive new hires fresh out of college tend to know less of course but also have some of those youthful ideals about saving the world and such that can make them problematic. As has already been said, knowing the rules yourself, and above all being calm under fire and respectful at all times, even if you are not being shown the same respect, goes a long way in this game. I know way too many miners who just made things worse for themselves by going in with huge chips on their shoulders. It does indeed take two to "tangle". Be firm, stand your ground, and keep to the high road.

Good job Norm!

• Like 8

Thanks for all the replies. ClayD. and SH. wrote exactly what I was trying to express. This situation is a blatant, egregious abuse of authority. I will probably not pursue it further as the claim owner just wants to be shed of the stress and I still need to deal with the minerals officer on other projects.

• Like 5

Do you know why klunker can get away with so many wisecracks?  

Klunker is WISE!

We do have to deal with people again and again.  Try not to burn too many bridges.  If you must, avoid that bridge and path in the future but it is WISE to know it is still there.

Mitchel

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By greenguy79
      Hey guys!!
      So I'm wondering if anyone knows the Oregon law or can point me to a link (I've exhausted google on this) if I can use a recirculating sluice powered by a 12v battery back at camp and bring dirt up from the river to work.  I've put in phone calls down to Salem numerous times and have never received a call back.  I think after reading the 700 permit rules I would need this permit if I was discharging tailings back into the river but I'm unclear if I bring the dirt up if that's still a no-no.  Oregon mining laws in general are pretty frustrating to try and navigate.
      I really appreciate any information about this subject somebody might be able to point me to.
      Thanks a bunch!
      ~green
    • By mn90403
      We should have known earlier.  According to Clay at My Land Matters:
      Mining is exempt from lockdown Did you know mining activities have been declared an essential industry? Mining is on the US Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency's ‘Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce’ list.
    • By Lunk
      I'm strictly a detector operator, so when a friend asked me about the ins and outs of dry washing on public lands, I was at a loss. I told him that I would ask the knowledgeable folks here on the forum. Specifically, is dry washing considered casual use of the land, just as metal detecting and panning are? Is a mining claim and/or notice of intent or plan of operation required for motorized dry washers? Thanks in advance for your insights!
    • By softhorse
      Good mornin' y'all-
      I have done several hours of solid research this morning about lode staking and I have not found conclusive answers to theae two questions yet. These questions are only for the initial time you actually discover the lode area and place the monument on the diacovery, before sending in any paperwork/filing forms/fees, etc. If you have any experience with these specific areas of lode claim staking here in CA, I would very, very much appreciate any advice, experience, and or details you have to share. Thank you very much for your time, experience, and your help. 
      1. Does the discovery monument need to have a written/filled-out notice of discovery paper/sign attached to the actual monument or posted anywhere around it on day-1, or, does it simply just have to be a bare monument with no posted notice/wtitten sign?
      2. If a written/filled-out notice of discovery paper/sign is required on the center monument at the initial staking of said Lode claim, do I need to list my personal address of residence with my full name posted on the sign? I'd like to maintain whatever privacy I am allowed to keep while also following all of the related rules/regulations/laws. I do not have a separate business set up that I could put on the sign either.
      Thanks again and have a rockin' day!
      Kevin
    • By Gold Hound
      Hi Guys
      I've started this post to inform members and non member detectorists that the NQMA  (North Queensland Miners Association) is lobbying the Queensland Mines department to change access laws to EPM's (exploration tenements)
      The proposed change would ban detecting and prospecting on exploration tenements without the consent of the tenement holder.
      This would effectively ban metal detecting in any gold field as they are mostly covered by exploration tenements. Whats worse is that more than half of the members of the NQMA are detectorists or hobby prospectors. And they are using the money from their yearly fee's to lobby for this change.
      This change is the brain child of James Said the current president of the organization.
      I urge members and non members to contact the NQMA and voice your concern about the changes they are lobbying for.
      To contact the NQMA please email info@nqma.com.au, please reference the best contact below in your email.
      President – James Said
      Vice President – Graham Byrne
      Secretary – Lyn Byrne
      Treasurer – Michele Mobbs
      Native Title Officer – Paul Crossland
      Publicity Officer – James Said
      Feel free to spread the word 
      Regards
      Dale
    • By Sourdough Scott
      This is a great response.  Had to share. 
      http://www.reptilesmagazine.com/Owners-Response-to-Govt-Request-to-Access-Property-to-Count-Yellow-Legged-Frogs-is-Priceless-trending/