• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      Wednesday, November 14, 2018 - 10:15 A+E Networks® UK today announced the commission of a brand new series, River Hunters, from Hello Halo Productions for flagship channel HISTORY®.
      The 8x60’ series pairs US YouTube sensation Beau Ouimette, a river detectorist with over 30 years’ experience, with presenter and keen swimmer Rick Edwards, as they search the UK’s waterways for archaeological finds. 
      River Hunters will see Rick and river-searching expert Beau, visit some of the most historically significant sites across Britain: covering iconic events and battles including Roman Briton, the Wars of the Roses, the Reformation and the English Civil War. Their searches of these unexplored rivers and waterways unearth treasures from the past which reveal how our various ancestors used to live.
      As the artefacts surface from under layers of silt and rocks, the duo will meet with local archaeologists and historians to unearth the stories and people behind the finds.  Spanning each river’s layered past, the new series will offer a fresh perspective and even redefine our history as we know it.
      Using state-of-the-art technology, archive maps and contemporaneous accounts from the period, Beau and Rick perform the first underwater archeological digs in some of the most exciting and iconic historical sites in Britain, often in dangerous and fast-flowing water.  
      River Hunters was commissioned by Dan Korn, VP of Programming for A+E Networks UK. Diana Carter, Commissioning Editor for A+E Networks UK, will executive produce the series for HISTORY.
      Dan Korn said:  By delving into Britain’s unexplored waterways, this series offers a unique glimpse into the passages of history which shaped our Island Nation and the ways of life of the various invaders and occupiers down the centuries. Some of the artefacts are truly breathtaking and shed new light on the richness of British history, and Beau and Rick’s blossoming partnership over the course of the series is a delight to behold.
      Rick Edwards commented: I’m delighted that we’re able to put to bed the idea that it's just shopping trolleys and old bikes in the UK's rivers - we found some truly extraordinary artefacts, bringing whole new perspectives to the stories from our rich past. I also got very cold.
      Wendy Rattray, Managing Director of Hello Halo, developed the series with Head of Development Natalie Hill, who is also Executive Producer, with Julie Grant as Series Producer.
      Natalie Hill said: With rivers largely unexplored in the UK, but integral to our rich past, this is a unique opportunity to find treasures long forgotten and untouched – from discarded and lost items, to offerings to gods -  each river will tell a tale never seen before.
      The new series will air on HISTORY in the UK in 2019. HISTORY is available on Sky, Virgin, BT and TalkTalk.
      Source: https://www.aenetworks.tv/news/history-takes-rick-edwards-and-youtube-river-hunter-beau-ouimette-mission-find-underwater
    • By kiwijw
      Catch it while you can. 
      Good luck out there
      JW
    • By JohnsonWagner
      A Delaware based production company is seeking detectorists who live in, or near, the state to be featured in a documentary.  We plan to cover Coin Beach in Sussex County and various parks and farms throughout the tri state area. Please email johnsonwagner@mail.com or respond to this post if interested or if you know anyone who might be interested.  Thank you.
    • By Alluminati
      These shows don't usually make any progress, however I was watching "Treasure Quest Snake Island Season 3". I won't spoil it for you, they make a pretty good find. I'm not sure if there are anymore episodes in this season, I hope they don't do a cliffhanger until next season. Nice to see that Jeremy Whalen and friends make a good find like that for the show. (I'm not as familiar with the rest of the cast, Jeremy is the recurring character that has been swinging the Minelab in previous seasons.)
    • By mn90403
      I am a History Channel buff.  Tonight they were showing Pale Rider from the 80s and there were some 'authentic' scenes of monitors and wooden sluicing.  It caused me to do a search and I came up with a page of 82 movies that have to do with Mining in Film.
      What is your favorite mining movie?
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Mining_in_film 
      Mitchel