Guest Jennifer

Aussie Gold Hunters, Season 2

1 minute ago, madtuna said:

Not harsh at all it's reality. Maybe I didn't explain it clear enough. It's the people without a clue emulating Chris and Greg  in cammo on Pastoral leases where we are required to shoot, and where we are tasked with looking for them when they are lost. Nothing to do with Chris and Gregs own lease where they can do what ever they want.

Yeah Mate, well folks like that have no right to be there, Not only is it your place of work it is also your home, I often wonder how they would feel if we went wondering in to their back yard, It's just not on in my books, I never go on to any property unless I am invited and I follow the rules to the letter, Boils down to respect in the end.

In the last couple of years I have come across at least 10 people who'd attended one of Chris and Gregs training course or tours, all wearing identical camo either bought off Chris and Greg or bought elsewhere.

Not one of them had notified the station they were here as required, only one couple had a 40E permit though they had not sent us a copy as required. All were detecting illegally.

• Like 2

Well that's just wrong, I can see why it winds you up, I have a heap of camo gear from my younger days including Vehicle Nets but I just don't use it anymore, It's ok for hunting and it's primary use but that is about it.

• Like 2

I don't often agree with madtuna, but in this case I do. What the hell is the camo gear all about? Who are they hiding from?

I just can't bear to watch this rubbish for the reasons madtuna has already stated. 

I think it may have been PT Barnham who said, "you will never go broke by underestimating the taste of the public".

How much 'reality' TV must we endure?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, auminesweeper said:

Yeah Mate, well folks like that have no right to be there, Not only is it your place of work it is also your home, I often wonder how they would feel if we went wondering in to their back yard, It's just not on in my books, I never go on to any property unless I am invited and I follow the rules to the letter, Boils down to respect in the end.

They do have a right to be there if they have a miners right and permission from lease holders or a 40E permit. It's a pastoral lease on crown land. But they do have obligations under thier miners right and obligations under the various acts that cover the land.

A couple of those obligations are to do thier best to notify the pastoralist they are going to be here and where. Also, have the right permission or permits and don't poach or detect illegally. We always read that it is a minority doing the wrong thing, out here it appears to be the minority doing the right thing.

Most things are just common sense. Don't steal our solar panels, our diesel, don't cut our fences, don't shoot our cattle, windmills and tanks, take your rubbish with you, don't drive on and wreck our tracks if it's wet, don't bring dogs or firearms and in general just respect the place and don't be a dick.

Unfortunately, that's just some of what we have to deal with every detecting season.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Oh my! 1

Well that's just wrong to behave like that, I don't understand folks like that because I have never Once behaved like that, It's just not how I was bought up.

It's not hard to do the right thing. I'll be up that way next month and have my 40e's, permissions and will be letting the pastoralist know when and where I'll be camped. Some people seem to go out of their way to do the wrong thing and stuff it up for others 😞

• Like 3

It is the same idiots that can't be bothered to carry their beer cans out, their trash out and bury their holes...mama did everything for them and they don't know how to behave!

• Like 4

Thanks for the lectures on all the idiots who watch a TV programme and then go out and steal gold and litter the place. All I wanted to do was reply to a message asking for feed back on the show. I can guarantee you all I don't intend to travel all the way from Scotland to the other side of the planet just cause I watched a program. Don't think there's any chance they'll stop showing the program either as it's on the Quest channel on a constant repeating loop. So if you want to rant on at someone try doing it to someone who's actually out there breaking the laws and codes of practice not someone sitting on the other side of the planet.

Hold up there Stu....nobody was lecturing you, just giving feed back as well. It’s reality tv but so far removed from reality it’s not funny.

As an example, you mentioned Rick’s break in. If people think someone actually broke in and stole Rick’s battery,  then I suppose people also think the film crew with him sat there and filmed him risking his life hiking 40klms into town in 45 degree heat to get a new one.

• Like 2