No Tracks Since The Upgrade - GPZ

While up in the Sierra for a WSPA Outing I used my gpz. I had not used it since I did the upgrade. 

When I pushed the map button the man-icon came up but there were no tracks. The unit would mark a point and display it but no tracks to see where I had wandered.

I also noticed the unit would not return to correct threshold in a timely manner. Nor did the other functions always work correctly...

two different issues I think. What say yea?

fred

Hi Steve;

I reset the gps to enhanced. The gps did work and I could mark wp and fp's...however the tracks which would normally show whether I was saving a geotrail or not, did not appear, ever...

twice, I reset the  whole system and set every thing up per spec...no tracks.I am thinking the machine is slipping into those nefarious intermittent problems..like me getting older not everything is as it should be...

fred

Hi Fred,

Did you activate "View Geotrail" as described above? Also, if in a new session, you have to load old Geotrails before they are visible. See below - Show a Saved GeoHunt On the Map. View geotrail must also be activated as described in my last post.

You cannot load terrain maps, all you can record or reload are tracks or locations.

It is possible to mark landmarks as locations and load them. Camp, that old prospect, etc.

Minelab GPS For CTX And GPZ With Notes On XChange2

GPS Mapping With The Minelab CTX And GPZ Detectors ( Part Two )

minelab-gpz-7000-geostore-menu-show-geohunt.jpg

Minelab GPS For CTX And GPZ With Notes On XChange2

GPS Mapping With The Minelab CTX And GPZ Detectors ( Part Two )

I really need to get part three done and posted. I am now procrastinating however waiting to see if the upgrade Minelab makes to XChange2 has things which would make my final post in the series obsolete before I post it.

Ok, so I am an idiot...

my life and sojourn in the world would be sooooo much easier if I only had a brain.

Steve, feel free to slap me when we meet again...however, not too hard.

Thank you all for herding me back on the correct path to happy hunting...all I had to do was pay a little more attention to the icons and the manual!

fred

• Haha 2
  • Thanks 1