Guest Jennifer

Classifieds Related Question, Sell GPX As Combo Or Alone

Jen, in my experience (both buying and selling used.) First follow Steve's advise and check sold prices on places like ebay, price you basic unit in that ball park. If you want to sell the options along with it, add up the total paid for them and then add half of that to the price of the base unit. I'm not real sure about doing an OBO, sometimes that can turn into a bidding war where you really come up well, other times most everybody waits to see how cheep they can get it for. I think it depends on the number up for sale and the demand of the market.

Mike

• Like 1

I sold my 5000 with all coils and accessories to someone on craigslist. I got a fair market price for it. I also included a full day of training with it, and actually got several inquiries even after sold. Also you will save listing fees from ebay and paypal if you sell on the forums, or craigslist.

Dave

• Like 1

Guest Jennifer

Thank you all for your input, my GPX was sold to a fellow board member from southern Arizona.... 

thx guys

Jen

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Ridge Runner
      I’m sure all have seen lots of Detectors going up for sale. I know myself have put up items that I think I can live without.
       I’ve done it sometimes because I needed the money to buy another detector. Like some I sold it thinking I don’t need it because that new one is replacing the old one.
      Did I ever regret selling something,why that’s a big time yes. I’m thinking later stup it was paid for and you really didn’t have to sell it.
       I’m bad about saying something before putting brain in gear before putting mouth in motion. I have the same problem on selling a item before thinking it out first.
      I have a friend when I call his house I tell his wife let me speak to him I need counseling.
      I’d say this big problem for all of us is caused by so many new detectors hitting the market within  such a short time.
      What can I say so many to buy with so little money.
      If any of you be rich I just put myself up for adoption. Like said in the past I have no pride.
      Chuck
      PS The councilor tells me to buy as many detectors I want. He’s the same way when it comes to guns. My kind of guy!
    • By foreverteachable
      I used baking soda and water to clean the coins since I don't plan on selling them.

• By DukeBoxer
      The other day I made a spreadsheet to calculate MELT value of all my finds, I pull most of the info from coininfo.com and then spot prices of precious metals from Money Metals Exchange. I pull over 35% nickels, 90% dimes, 90% quarters, 90% halves and because I found one, 80% Candian quarter prices, plus 9, 10, 14, and 18k gold. Under the PM spots there's a sterling silver per gram conversion and then there are some bullion prices (These I think are dealer bid prices, so lower than normal) and along with those, a sterling/ounce price. It is made with google sheets but I'm sure you can export it to excel format (or even LibreOffice Calc). The prices are not live, but they do update each time you open the file. Here is a link to check it out and copy it for yourself. Below everything you'll see 2 cells with the formula for "American Silver Eagle". I left that there to test pulling in other info from the website. If anyone wants an explanation on how to add different things just let me know. Later today I will try to explain here
    • By Norm S
      I cashed in my clad at coinstar this afternoon. I have had my 800 for 6 weeks and my 600 for about 3 weeks. 
      I cashed in at coinstar for a total of $172.66.. I had quit counting what I had after I knew I had almost $100 but never dreamed I had as much as I had. 
      I have to admit I hit a cpl awesome parks and even though they had been hunted recently I cleaned up. I actually believe there is more at the one park but in an area I gridded I only found about $3 in two hours. In an area the other guy missed I found $9 in clad in a 30' x 30' area bordered by a sidewalk. 
      I also hunted 3 other areas that I had hit really hard with both my Etrac and V3i. One soccer field that I took over $100 out of the past cpl of years I must have really cleaned it out because I found 3 cents. Another area I had hit hard with the Etrac before i got the Equinox. That area I found 40 cents. The last area which was a park that is hunted all the time I found 70 cents in 3 hours.
      I hunted an old soccer field yesterday and everything was deep.I had been there with my Etrac and only found a cpl of dimes and a nickel. Everything I found was 8" or more with the exception of a cpl surface pennies. I pulled out $3.48 in about 2 hours.. I have a cpl more places on my radar as well. I like hunting parks that others have hunted because it makes me feel the Equinox is superior to other detectors but in reality I think it the person that was detecting didn't know his detector very well.
      I also have 2 silver rings and a silver pendent. 
    • By DukeBoxer
      Something just popped into my mind and I thought I'd ask everyone...has anyone ever taken a found ring to a jeweler and had them re-finish it and shine it up so that they could then sell it for significantly more than they would've gotten for it at melt? I was wondering if doing this would be (more) profitable...found ring is worth $x in melt value + $y to make it sparkle. Could the value of a nice shiny new ring be greater than $x+$y. I know things are only worth what someone would pay for it but maybe just maybe...
    • By Bhogg
      Hi All
      I’m in an area that’s got some pretty sandy ground and some of the coins especially the copper coins are pretty much unrecognisable and even the slivers are very badly stained with a blackish look to them.
      So I’m just wondering what seems to work the best to bring them back to life so they resemble what they should look like?, I don’t expect them to look fantastic due to how bad there condition is in now but it’d be great to at least be able to recognise what they are.
      Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Cheers