Sign in to follow this  
normmcq

CTX 3030 Battery Question

I know it is ok to use the 3030 battery in the GPZ. Is it ok to use the GPZ battery in the CTX? I am thinking the larger battery would help with balance when using the large coil.

Any thoughts?

Norm

The CTX and GPZ rechargeable batteries interchange just fine. The CTX battery will run the GPZ about a half day - I always have one with me for backup. And the GPZ battery will nearly double the operating time of the CTX.

The CTX AA battery pack WILL NOT work with the GPZ.

minelab-gpz-7000-battery-compatibility.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the clarification Steve, I thought I read that someplace before I got the CTX.

Norm

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Tnsharpshooter
      Just wondering.
      The batteries will eventually require change.
    • By Steve Herschbach
      I was charging stuff off my truck a few years ago, and at one point was not paying attention and had the heater turned on in the truck with while I had the key on but motor off. A panic situation developed when my truck was dead in an out of the way spot, but I got lucky and was able to round up a jump. Still, it spooked me and I have been taking a spare 12V battery with me in my truck on my trips by myself to remote places, especially when out of cell range.
      Driving around with a spare wet battery is a pain for various reasons, so I have been eyeballing an alternative for over a year now. My preferred option was a bit expensive for my taste, but my recent sale of extra detectors and such left me with some funds, so I pulled the trigger.
      NOCO Genius Boost Pro GB150 4000 Amp 12V Lithium Jump Starter

This baby is overkill I am sure, but I kept worrying about cheaper units. When dealing with emergency gear I am not sure cheaper is better! Anyway, this thing will jump start almost anything, can charge detectors, etc., has a built in flashlight and 12V meter, and only weighs 6 lb 3.3 oz or 282 grams on my postal scales. On one of my upcoming outings I will find out how many times I can charge my GPZ 7000 off of it and report back, but that may be awhile.
      Specification Sheet
    • By Ridge Runner
      I pick this up from Sam’s Club a while back and had it long enough to express my opinion on it.
      First this is what I’m talking about.
      Atomi 2pk recharge 10000 mAh battery item number 980062810 at 27.91 rated 4.3 stars.
       I can charge my Nox two times out of each pack and my iPhone three to four times. Each pack come with its own charging cable.
      Here is what they look like below.

What I like about them is when the item is charge it stops charging. I keep each in a ziplock with one has the Nox charging cable.
      The next picture shows the LED’s with each showing a 1/4 power of the pack.
      They are great in the field!
      Chuck

• By Mark Gillespie
      This is an added document that arrived with my Equinox.  Extremely important.
      Out of the 8 USB chargers in my house, none were UL certified.
      Trip to Wal-Mart is in order.
      Click for larger version....

• By Norvic
      Perhaps of interest just received a bit of "blog" on internet, might be useful to charge your detector/gear up out in the field.
      https://www.banggood.com/Outdoor-20W-Multifunction-Portable-Manual-Crank-Generator-Emergency-Survival-Power-Supply-p-1225105.html?utm_design=18&utm_source=emarsys&utm_medium=Mail_mailad323_dealalert&utm_campaign=newsletter—emarsys&utm_content=Yoshiki&sc_src=email_2910641&sc_eh=30723af58dfb79b31&sc_llid=148577&sc_lid=112998216&sc_uid=l2mpbuqX6Z&cur_warehouse=CN
    • By Jackpine
      The USB ports in cars are notorious for being 1 amp or less so picked up one of these off Amazon to top off the charge between sites if I realize I have left home without a full charge on the NOX.  $7.59.
      Brand isn't particularly important just that it is capable of putting out a min of 2 amps  per port.
      RAVPower 24W 4.8A Metal Dual Car Adapter with iSmart 2.0 Charging Tech - Black