Sign in to follow this  
Steve Herschbach

Register Your Metal Detector Warranty Online

Good advice.  Except for personal injuries caused by a defective product, where strict liability applies and it does not matter who purchased the defective product, the burden will be on the consumer to show the purchase.  Also, probably not so much an issue with metal detectors, where I think (hope) the manufacturers are reasonably honest with their written warranties and policies, but states often have warranty laws that add to or override consumer-unfriendly written warranties:

https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine/2013/05/the-word-on-warranty-protection/index.htm

Thanks Steve! Post reminded me to register my Minelab products.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      http://tour.circlepix.com/tour/titan/?id=5586726&reg=true&_seoAddress=715-White-Spar-Road-Prescott-AZ-1019921#.XOBKoshKiPo

• By Condor
      I briefly mentioned my problem with the GPZ 7000 14" stock coil.  The problem was I dragged it behind the Rokon completely unaware of doing so and wore through the plastic cover exposing the copper windings inside.  I contacted Friendly Minelab Dealer "Rege in PA" about getting a replacement.  He put in the order but as time was drawing near for the OZ trip, there was no sign of a replacement coil in the pipeline.  Rege was able do some gently encouragement and the Minelab Repair Center stepped up and found me a coil.  I got it last week and have been using it all this week for my practice sessions for the Summer of OZ trip departing this Sunday.  It seems they sent me the "super" coil because I'm having some incredible good luck this week on the local Yuma gold.  Minelab, you have saved me from my self-inflicted misadventure. 
      Gold photos of the last 2 mornings of detecting.  I've been detecting some heavily hunted areas and finding gold around old dig holes.  I'm using pretty standard settings, HY, Normal with Sens 15.  I've gone back to the high dollar Etymotic in-ear monitors (earbuds).  The Ety 4S model has much higher inpedance compared to typical earbuds.

• By Tnsharpshooter
      Here.  https://tarsacci.com/

Tarsacci MDT-8000 metal detector
    • By Sourdough Scott
      Hearing rumors about a new Minelab detector to soon be released. Just wondering if it is a dedicated gold detector or ??

Minelab Vanquish metal detector on the way?

• By Steve Herschbach
      White's Electronics is having their fall Garage Sale that features some deep discounts on select products. There is one deal in particular that nugget hunters may want to be aware of.
      The White's Sierra Gold Trac was a Jimmy Sierra limited edition product not carried by regular White's dealers. They were only sold by a few west coast dealers and White's themselves never really promoted the machine. That makes them a rare item, and with Jimmy now having left the scene it looks like White's wants to liquidate the remaining units.
      I only bring this all up because the SGT is basically a stripped down White's GMT with only two control knobs - on/off/gain and threshold. That's it. the detector runs at 48 khz and is locked full time into ground tracking mode. There is no discrimination. Just a hot on tiny gold all metal detector. Nothing to get too excited about normally but at $289 brand new with a 2 year warranty this might make a decent inexpensive nugget detector for somebody. Sale discontinued, now $399
      I will have to do up a product page on these for historical purposes since there is so little information on them.
      White’s Sierra Gold Trac (SGT) Data & User Reviews
      On Sale at White's Website
      Review by Mike Hillis

White's Electronics Sierra Gold Trac Metal Detector
      All Metal Operation: Hear all metal targets.
      Auto Trac: Iron mineral interference from soil and rocks is tuned out automatically.
      Only Two Controls; Gain & Threshold: Threshold adjusts the background hum. The Gain control adjusts for maximum sensitivity in your conditions.
      48 kHz Frequency.
      Waterproof 6x10" inch Elliptical DD Search coil.
      Slide-In 12 Volt AA Battery Holder: 25-40 hours of hunting. (varies depending if you're using headphones or the external speaker)
      Approximately 3.5 lbs with batteries: The SGT is light weight and well balanced for all-day hunting.
      Can be used with any Goldmaster Series (48 kHz - 50 kHz) Search Coils.
      Optional Accessories (Sold Separately): NiCad Rechargeable Battery System
      Two Year Transferable Warranty
      MSRP 599.95 normally discounted to $499.95.
      White's Sierra Gold Trac Owner's Guide
      White’s Sierra Gold Trac (SGT) Data & User Reviews
    • By nugget hunter nz
      What's everyone thoughts on Garrett nowadays..in my opinion they are falling behind the others these days I've been waiting to hear something from them for a new prospecting or even coin machine to compete with whites and minlab xp etc but nothing ... I mean the at series were great in there day but now things like the xp deus nox 800 macro all blow them away and the atx was good but lacked coil options and weighed more than a fat hippo .. . I personally liked garret the old infinium ls were ground peaking in there day fully water proof etc be ashame if they dont put something out soon ....
      If anyone knows any rumors etc feel free to comment below