Curious About Fisher Cz Series Detectors

As long as I've been on this forum, I never knew that Geotech was Carl.  😀

• Haha 1

My Cz6 and 6A loaded me up on gold on the salt water beach. It would make a "Ping" sound on deep silver on turf. Nice.

• Like 1

Badger, did you ever see....whats his name....Old California....i forget his name....anyway, he put the CZ box under the arm but put the faceplate in a box on top so you could still see the meter and use the pinpoint button.   Made a nice looking easy swing unit......Paul...Paul (CA) is his name.    He did some really good mods on the CZ.  

To me...the F75 LTD was a good replacement for the CZ series.   

HH
Mike

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2023 at 3:59 PM, Mike_Hillis said:

Badger, did you ever see....whats his name....Old California....i forget his name....anyway, he put the CZ box under the arm but put the faceplate in a box on top so you could still see the meter and use the pinpoint button.   Made a nice looking easy swing unit......Paul...Paul (CA) is his name.    He did some really good mods on the CZ.  

To me...the F75 LTD was a good replacement for the CZ series.   

HH
Mike

Sorry, for the late reply. That sounds familiar. I've seen some pretty cool mods over the years. When I talk about the CZ series, it mostly has to do with beach detecting because that is where Multi-frequency really shines. I would choose an F-75 over a CZ any day for land.

On 1/6/2023 at 5:47 PM, Geotech said:

.. The CZ design is best thought of as a single-frequency (5kHz) detector with the ability to cancel salt. The 15kHz component is weak and not all that useful for detecting targets. I once proposed a variable frequency design that works the same way but the user can vary the primary frequency from a low of 2-3kHz up to the gold range, maybe 50kHz. At lower frequencies the user could turn on salt cancel. The idea got no interest.

Going a little off topic , I dont know the CZ neither the F75 but I know the T2  . I have used the T2 on ultra iron trashed areas in France a few years ago and I have been very impressed with it and its sharp and "crystal" audio .. Very impressed by the FA mode btw , its a magical mode , absolutely silent on nail beds with incredible reactivity on targets  ..

I did not keep it because it is a little too heavy for me ( 1,57kg ) . I think that FT could release a new redesigned T2 version , modern and lighter ( 1,1 or 1,2kg )  with a lithium/ion battery , a slim digital screen, a carbon shaft etc  . No need for multifrequency , keep 14khz as it is very polyvalent and works very well, keep the same electronics just reduce the PCB size , like on a Garrett Apex for example . Keep the 28cmX18 coil size as it is a very good coil too ..

I think that such a detector would be appreciated by the users ...

15 hours ago, palzynski said:

I did not keep it because it is a little too heavy for me ( 1,57kg )

My gosh ... I must be used to the waterproof beach detectors ... when I picked up the F75 (same weight as T2) yesterday to check an area of the yard at our new home before putting in a raised bed garden I remarked about how light it is.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, tvr said:

My gosh ... I must be used to the waterproof beach detectors ... when I picked up the F75 (same weight as T2) yesterday to check an area of the yard at our new home before putting in a raised bed garden I remarked about how light it is.

Yes but the D2 I am currently using weighs around 800g , half the T2 ... 

• Like 2

F75 / T2 control boxes are lightweight, smaller electronics PCB's etc are not the way forwards.
A lighter shaft would be viable. The lower moulded carbon/resin shaft could be replaced with a woven rod ( like the ML Equinox for example ). The middle section could be thinner gauge tubing ( like the Eqx; 0.040" versus 0.056" ). The upper isn't suitable for thinner tubing, due to dodgy design.
The T2 battery is situated where it's doing useful counter-balance work. If it's replaced with a Li cell, it needs to be a similar weight ( 100 grams ) , eg. 3 x 18650 or 2 x 21700. This would give huge run-times, likely 100+ hours, which would be a unique selling point , but not really that useful to most people.
( Sorry for the off-topic )
  • Like 2