Mining Partners? ( Do's & Don'ts )

iMine

ANY business partnership is likely to be more volatile than a marriage. Devise and execute a "pre-nup" Business Plan and Contracts and perhaps articles of incorporation that both can agree to. (How will you handle hiring an employee, for instance). Have lawyers go over them to be sure they hold what you wish them to. Not all items may be lawful whether agreed upon or not. 

That process alone has been known to bust a partnership before it happens. Do due diligence, and be equitable. Some bring more to the table than others so an agreeable balance must occur. If you aren't comfortable with anything about your potential partner, work it out before you sign anything. I am not an attorney, just worked as a small business consultant (on the tech side) for a couple decades so have seen some ugly 'divorces'. 

• Like 1

Imine, 

That could be a tricky situation. Finding a hunting partner or partners that are trustworthy, reliable, and don't go behind your back is a daunting task to find.  I have found that you might think they are your friends but all they are concerned about is getting the gold that you have found.   I'm not saying everybody is that way but that is one task that is very hard to find that right person. Gold does funny things to people.  I love the camaraderie with people and the company but sometimes it's best to go by yourself.  I wish you the all the luck in any decision you make.

Happy prospecting, RD

• Like 3

Its been my experience that the most trustworthy people are the ones who are the most trusting. (With some exceptions)

• Like 3

I`ve found the old saying that "the only good partnership is one that has only one person in it", has more then just some truth, especially where gold is concerned. Like JW, I think gold prospecting is for people who are happy being a Lone Wolf.

• Like 3

Don't give up the hunt for a partner but don't drop your plans either.

Time will be your ally and foe.  The time you spend will reward you but will your partner have the same drive and schedule of time?  What if he hunts on a trip more than you or vice versa?  If you find someone who can go where you go or you go where they go try a trip.  It is nice to have a companion sometimes to share finds.  If one trip works, try another.

Then think about a partnership on your best or new prospects.

Mitchel

14 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Don't give up the hunt for a partner but don't drop your plans either.

Time will be your ally and foe.  The time you spend will reward you but will your partner have the same drive and schedule of time?  What if he hunts on a trip more than you or vice versa?  If you find someone who can go where you go or you go where they go try a trip.  It is nice to have a companion sometimes to share finds.  If one trip works, try another.

Then think about a partnership on your best or new prospects.

Mitchel

I'd rather have that problem than the opposite. I can't deal with lazy.