Northeast And The GM 1000

Northeast

The Nazis ruined what was considered a symbol for good luck and success. Thankfully luck at the end of the day wasn't on their side.

This was a Canadian hockey club from around 1905. Windsor Ontario. 

Now let's get back to seeing the Gold :)

windsor-930x747.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

With the Equinox on its way I decided to go over a little area that I had previously got 20-30 very small nuggets from.  It is a really red clay bank and I am guessing it was a bit of a wash-up area as there is simply tiny bits all amongst it.  I had got all of the surface targets over a year or so with the GPZ, the SDC and more recently the Monster.  I was thinking I would check there is nothing left there and then see what the Equinox could do, how it handles the clay, etc.   To be honest, I'm not really expecting much considering the size of the coil Vs the 6" coil on the Monster but it will be interesting to see what Multi IQ can do.

Well, today I got 1 little piece right at the base of a small tree...and then I got a bit carried away  :rolleyes:   Where I have previously just leveled the top of the patch, today I started busting into it.  Knocked off about 3 inches of a 5ft X 5ft area and picked up a further 9 pieces.  Boy are some of them SMALL!!

Again, the echidna's nose is something to compare really small gold against.

5abf462696893_10smallnugs.thumb.jpg.94b13260a3ff1c2b69d1f63ba8b68b98.jpg

I think I am now at the point that I know this whole clay bank is full of this stuff and might need to be processed properly. 

There is 100 times what I turned over today and there will be plenty that the detector isn't getting.  Potential to get 30-40 grams from the whole lot maybe.  This lot went .45 of a gram. 

If anyone asks can the Monster get small gold, show them this :wink:

• Like 8

More to the story.  I think I am wrong about how much might be left in this clay bank. 

Brought home 3 buckets of loose stuff that I had already gone over yesterday with the GM 1000, so knew there were no large bits in it.

5ac043c57d577_gold1.JPG.7b453e518244c24ee1f6f733dac0e1e1.JPG

Sieved off a couple of pans worth and panned off the fines.  Boy, panning clay is hard.  1st pan nothing.  2nd pan 3 very tiny flakes. 

Was going to be a veeeery long process for not much return.

Plan B :biggrin:

I have a large plastic tub for putting in the back of the cruiser to keep it clean.  Put it up on 4 logs to get it off the concrete (rio in the concrete would set off the detector).  Put a thin spread of material over bottom of the tub and detected with the GM.  Kept doing this until all material done.  Maybe took an hour to do the 3 buckets. 

5ac044f1a1bef_gold2.JPG.7dc1126159d9c8b8ebdd179c300adfd2.JPG

I am amazed, amazed, amazed at how small these pieces of gold are that the GM will ping.  Able to run in All Metal, manual 10.  Yesterday with the deeper clay base manual 7 was about the limit.  Today it was still noisy on a few hot rocks and red clay balls but the gold hit pretty well. 

Makes the nuglets of yesterday look like monsters!!

5ac045cede74f_gold3.thumb.jpg.e5875cf53d438371fbedbe25d6824b9a.jpg

Think I'll hit the bank with the Equinox later in the week and then depending on the outcome of that decide with which detector to finish pounding the rest of the bank apart.  Not my favored size of nuggets but as I move deeper into the bank it might be worthwhile. 

Nothing ventured, nothing gained  :wink:

• Like 6

On ya NE, WTG. If virgin ground you may have yourself more then just a few nuggets, have fun.

Hi Norvic.  Not virgin ground - far from it unfortunately.   Just little 'uns that the ancestors missed - or couldn't be bothered with :wink:

But, there may be a few bits of more decent size as I go a bit deeper.  Maybe 1 or 2 over a gram.  The Z has been over it so there certainly isn't anything 5 + grams in the top 30-40 cms I don't think. 

The Equinox later in the week will be interesting over the same spot.

Bummer...............not to worry there`s a virgin patch with your name on it for sure:wink:

• Thanks 1

Hi JW.  Not Equinox gold unfortunately...or fortunately - I'm not sure  :-)

These were with the GM 1000.

Old Noxxy has arrived today and is on the charge.  Have you ever heard that old saying "A watched Nox never charges". 

Apparently checking the blinking green light every 4 minutes doesn't make it go quicker :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kiwijw said:

why did I think the EQ was involved.

I did mention in a post that I was keen to give Old Noxxy a go at the spot later this week. 

Noxxy has arrived.  Had a play in the back yard last night with it and pulled 4 coins that the GM had missed.  1 cent, 2 cent, 20 cent and a 1941 half penny.  Terrible condition.  Lemon juice hasn't helped much. 

But it won't be having a go at the clay bank until maybe late Saturday arvo, if at all this weekend.  The family have made other plans for me Friday and Saturday and then work on Sunday  :rolleyes:

• 7 months later...

I know the done thing is to put this in the For Sale section but I can only imagine that there will be very few Aussies on here to make it worth the while.  However, 1 or 2 might see it here and are interested.

A link to where I've got the GM up for sale on Prospecting Australia  https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?id=28497

When/if sold the the GM money will fund the purchase of the small coil for the Equinox.  The Equinox has finally ticked the confidence factor box so no need to keep the GM. 

(If it is not OK to put this here Steve, please just delete the post.  Thanks  ?

• Like 1