A Piece Not Found With A Minelab

phoenix

Around the time the Minelab Eureka Ace Dual came out I found this piece near Sofala in New South Wales with a Whites GoldMaster.   Neither my Minelab 16000 ground tracker or the Eureka Ace Dual can hear it and a GPX5000 with the new coils can`t hear it, but the 5000 with the 8" Commander can hear it at about 1".  It sg`s at 13 grams gold but I`ve never believed there`s 13 grams in it.  Most of the little pieces around it are connected electrically. cheers  Dave
R0010180.jpg

• Like 9

I would trust the numbers and keep it as it is because that must be a pretty good find locally, right?

Mitchel

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mn90403 said:

I would trust the numbers and keep it as it is because that must be a pretty good find locally, right?

12 hours ago, kiwijw said:

How did the 2300 & the Zed go on hitting on it?

hey JW.   Yeh mate the 7000 and 2300 can hear it no probs at about 6-7", but I found this piece way before either of those detectors were a glimmer in Minelabs eye.
Hey Mitchel
yeh mate I went back to that spot with every detector I owned after that up to the GPX4000 and never found another piece of gold there, and I`ll keep it as I found it because once you drop them in acid you can`t un drop them.
Thanks for your comments guys
dave

• Like 3

That specimen looks very much like a few found at Ganes Creek, Alaska. A lot of people think it's ugly gold but I never saw anybody throw one back!

Those lonely finds are a bit frustrating. I tend to think their HAS to be more gold nearby but often no amount of effort finds anything but that one magic piece. Thanks for posting Dave.

• Like 2