Detech Coil For Dfx?

MontAmmie

On 9/10/2017 at 11:59 PM, auminesweeper said:

Well those SEF coils do tame the dirt give most detector more depth so maybe you should seriously give the 12x10 a good work out, From a performance point of view Whites Coils are extremely hot but that can work against you, this is where the SEF coils come in to their own because the have a little less sensitivity but in a good way that they allow you to run the Gain higher which re-increases the sensitivity which in turn adds more depth, But because the coils them selves are not too hot they resist ground noise a bit better than the factory coils.

I prefer Whites factory coils but in Hot dirt Detech SEF coils are the way to go,

hope that helps,

John. 

Hey John.  I ordered the 12 x 10.  Then Kellyco sent an email wanting "more information" to "complete my order".  They have my credit card and my address, what "more" could they want?  I told them to just cancel it.  I'm thinking that instead of getting upgraded coils, etc. for a 15 year old machine I should save my $$ for a CTX3030 instead.  Or maybe see what Minelab is rolling out on the 17th.

Well from the outside looking in, I think you might find the CTX a lot slower than what your DFX is, and if you have mastered the DFX then I am not sure if you will be happy with the CTX, Although it is a great machine you have been use to having 100% control over what the machine does,

At a rough guess I would say that the V3i and the Nokta Impact are closer to the DFX in terms of how they operate in terms of adjustability which would lessen the learning curve from your point of view, I was always a coward when it comes to the DFX and the V3i because I haven't the patients because I like to Rev it up and Dump the Clutch, lol.

If you don't mind me asking what are they asking for the 12x10 SEF,

John. 

• Like 1

They have them on sale now.  With tax and shipping, I think it was about $145.  I thought about upgrading to the V3i, but I really need something a little more waterproof.  I run my DFX pretty hot too.  Relic mode mostly, with the AC on 72 and the Preamp on 3 or 4.  It will usually nail a pull tab at about 6-8 inches in dry sand.

• Like 1