White's GMT For Hunting Gold Coins?

Must admit i am seriously looking at getting a GMT for some of my permissions,although i am not a nugget hunter but the 'allure' back too a celtic gold stater site has wetted my appetite again,although i do/still use the TDI Pro i think the GMT could be used more and more also for micro jewellery as well.

If one came along almost new at the right price i could well be very tempted to buy one.

The machine/s that have found me the most gold are the T2 and the DFX,those have found me the most gold coinage over the years from celtic full and quarter staters,George111 full guinea,Vicky Sovereigns and more.

Well you better take a cut lunch with you because the GMT will give you the Mutha of all work outs in UK trashy sites, I tried it I know for a fact you won't clear a 6 foot square in one day,  because it will find every bit of metal or rust or alloy possible,

Trust me Rick you will sleep well that night for sure,

John. 

• Like 1

Hi John,the plan would be to not use it as a everyday use machine but more for site specific use,once again like the TDI Pro thats not your everyday use detector but when the opportunity arises then it could pay for itself just with one decent find.One full stater all it takes as that will pay for a very decent example.Back onto the stater hoard site next month so we hope we will retrieve some more,as i am pretty certain some are deeper and still we have not located a container,of course that is if the coins had been in one,dont think its a purse drop as it seems more than what someone would want too carry with them.But while the coins still keep coming then we will still keep detecting the site.

Yep for sure, using the GMT for searching farm land over here is like turning on 3 machines set to All Metal with the disc wide open and trying to hear a good targets, personally I think you might be better off using your Deus with the HF coil on it or using one of it's high frequencies because at leased you can disc out some of the junk, The GMT is a first class Gold Getter but it's a ****er of a machine to use anywhere but in natural Gold baring areas, It will find targets faster than a Telex machine and will drive you nuts, and it will find targets that small that it will take 45 minutes to locate it and you can't use your hands because it will pick up the minerals in your hands which means using a plastic scoop and then you have to locate it within the scoop,

I found a bit of lead with the MXT and a small coil and after I dug it out it then took me 20 minutes to locate it so multiply that by 10 and you are getting close,

Steve has detected over here ask him how he thinks the GMT would work doing that,  Prospecting is a different beast, but farmland will be murder because it hits targets so fast one after the other it's like swinging an UZI.

anyways mate give it some thought, But it you want to use an LF machine then maybe the Gold Racer might be the better option because at leased it has some form of Disc built in.

John.

I hear exactly what you are saying John and certainly taken the info on board,would never go out of my way specifically to get one,but if one did come along at a very advantageous price then i would consider it.

Just bought a 22khz 11.5'' Concentric coil for the Nexus MP and should be here by the weekend,out tecting with it sunday,could/should be deadly on trashy sites and also good on low conductive targets like silver hammered coins.Thats the theory anyway lol

Well say no more, That Nexus with that coil will be a force to reckon with, and really for the size targets you are hunting I don't think you need any frequency higher than 22khz, also another thing to take in to account is that LF machines can loose depth due to their frequency more so in hotter ground where a normal VLF could prove to be more productive below 20khz ish ?

John.

• Like 1