Interesting QED Thread

I have been watching a thread over on PA and it seems there are a few problems, But some of the replies from those pro qed folks seem a little daunting when you consider that the main issue is the ground balance and threshold, which brings to mind JP's review.

I find the TDI's a bit worrisome as in when to deploy each of the conductivity settings and find it is much easier to run the SL set to ALL, the QED would drive me nuts when you take the latest reply in to account having to do a Math equation to set the GB/Threshold,

anyway here is the link maybe one of you wiser people can translate it all in to common English.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?id=23399

We have seen that even companies like First Texas, Garrett, Minelab, etc. with large engineering staffs and testing programs still put out machines that are rough around the edges on release. No surprise then that a home grown device is a work in progress.

When Eric Foster was still making detectors, some of which were the direct predecessor of the TDI, his machines were always a work in progress. They all worked, but he kept thinking of ways to improve them, so many were rather unique units. He always was able to upgrade older units for those that were interested. The QED project is a similar deal, sort of a cooperative effort between the designer and the early adopters.

Yes I remember Eric's Deep Star that was a deep machine, A friend still has one, It seems the QED was working ok until the upgrades now it has issues, like you say we have seen this before with other companies, given the chance they will sort it out, I hope so, It just seems over complicated to set up now which is moving away from the original format according to some of them posts and there was a time when I was wondering about the TDI's when I first got them.

J.