2017 Rye Patch Nugget Shoot

The temps sure are on a steep downward trend - got a might bit chilly last night! Currently calling for mid-sixties and lows around 40 on the 23rd. Still a week away though and they really have no idea around here what is going on a week out. Be prepared for the possibility of near freezing temps overnight however so pack your woolies.

I know last year was a huge event but the buzz seems a lot quieter this year.....

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

The temps sure are on a steep downward trend - got a might bit chilly last night! Currently calling for mid-sixties and lows around 40 on the 23rd. Still a week away though and they really have no idea around here what is going on a week out. Be prepared for the possibility of near freezing temps overnight however so pack your woolies.

I know last year was a huge event but the buzz seems a lot quieter this year.....

I'll be there. Planning to explore some ghost towns on the way dow with my buddy Tim.

Always have a Hi Lift and traction mats in the rig... A little rain can make getting there a lot more fun. Throw it in 4LO and put the hammer down!

Here is the video I shot last year - 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, tboykin said:

A little rain can make getting there a lot more fun. Throw it in 4LO and put the hammer down!

I did that the first couple times I got into serious rain out in northern Nevada. Never again! Scared myself silly and really lucky it did not end badly. This desert dirt turns to genuine snot in the rain and will quickly pack any tire tread and have you running on slicks in mud. I told my wife if I get caught in a downpour I will pull over and not be home until things dry out. If that takes days so be it - I have the supplies just I case.

That truly is a first class video you shot Tom. Good going!

• Like 3