625 Silver Halfs Found

Looks like she pulled them out of a septic field.  I would have used the garden hose on them, first.  But I'm very envious.

Based on the current silver spot price (~$18), even with no numismatic value coins there (could be some...) each of those is worth over $6.00.  135 of them pays for that MXT All Pro.

Beginner's luck?  I guarantee she's hooked for life.

• Like 1

Yes GB for sure, I had been detecting for years but when I bought my first MXT I hit 3 Gold It's with the first sweep of the coil, That machine has a habit of doing things like this to people and then they are hooked for life no doubt about it.

Back when they were first released I use to sit there reading the Treasure mags and the Centrefolds were Whites on one page with the DFX and the XLT and the cheapest of the 3 was the MXT E-Series and on the other page was the Minelab Explorer and the Sovereign Elite and the new Musketeer Advantage along with the SD and the GP 3000 or 3500 and I owned all the ML machines but I could not help wondering about the XLT and the DFX with more than the odd glance of the MXT and then years later I bought the newer MXT-300 and that was a rude awakening because for some reason it loved where I was detecting either that or it just suited the way I detect, All I know is that ever since then I update my machines every 3 years but I always replace the MXT first, Once that is done all is right with the world and I change the others when ever I have finished playing with the new MXT.

I think the couple in the video have already planned what they are doing on their next vacation.

John. 

14 hours ago, auminesweeper said:

All I know is that ever since then I update my machines every 3 years but I always replace the MXT first, Once that is done all is right with the world and I change the others when ever I have finished playing with the new MXT.

Could you explain this?  Is an upgraded model of the MXT released that often or are you just beating them up so bad you have to get replacements?  A used MXT is on my radar now (not imminent; not even likely currently) and I want to make sure not to buy a lemon/outdated model if there have been significant improvements.  I just naively thought the differences in sub-models were the factory supplied coils.

No I look after my machines and I keep them looking like new but every time they bring out a new model I replace mine with the latest version,

I started out with the MXT-300 which was the same as the first MXT E-Series Tracker but the 300 had a new Matt paint job and the 12"/300mm Concentric coil, Then came the MXT Pro which also had the new matt paint job and 7 Tone ID and a 3 level back lit display with the addition of the ground grab button which updates the ground balance at the push of a button or if you are hunting in Tracking and you find a target it pauses the Tracking so tiny targets do not get tracked out,, On the 2 earlier models the pinpoint trigger had a sub mode where if you pushed the trigger forward it had a pull tab notch which was great for use in younger countries but not in countries that date back a few thousand years because some Hammered and Roman coins can have the same VDI reading and you risk loosing them using the PT Notch, On the MXT Pro this feature was replaced with a new non motion mode when the trigger is pushed forward which is great for tracing pipes and cables under ground along with finding long object such as Rifles and swords etc and the MXT Pro also came with the same coil as the MXT-300, The MXT All Pro is exactly the same as the MXT Pro except the All Pro comes with the same 10" D2 coil as the V3i,

hope that helps,

John. 

• Like 1