Four New Aftermarket Coils For The Nokta Impact

Thanks Steve, have you seen the weights of these coils anywhere? 

Not sure why they'd do the sniper, it is virtually identical to the Nokta 9x5". 

I wish someone would do a 9" round in a solid version for rocky terrains, but seems spoked coils are all the rage these days. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Are these MarsMD coils any good?

My Impact stock coil cable failed on me this week which is very disappointing when the cable is protected in the shaft. I think it's been like that for a while because the machine would go silent and then come back. 

It's still a brilliant machine and I wouldn't swap it for anything but I need the coil replacing.  

On 11/7/2017 at 8:25 AM, Isca_Detecting said:

Are these MarsMD coils any good?

My Impact stock coil cable failed on me this week which is very disappointing when the cable is protected in the shaft. I think it's been like that for a while because the machine would go silent and then come back. 

It's still a brilliant machine and I wouldn't swap it for anything but I need the coil replacing.  

Make sure the cable connection inside the shaft is nice and snug. Mine lost audio, then I noticed Check Coil message on the screen. Tighten up the connection and all good. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have the MarsMD Tiger coil for my Racers and it's a great coil.  The only problem is that almost all of the sites I detect are iron infested, trashy sites, so it's too much coil for me.  I usually use the OOR, NEL Snake on my Racers, or the 7.5'' x 4'' coil on my Impact for these sites.  Largest I can use is the factory 11" DD, and that's pushing it in the thick of the iron.  

hh,
Brian

• Like 2

I did some testing of the Mars Sniper on a T2 against the Teknetics 10x5 and NEL Sharpshooter coils... The Mars Sniper was lighter, deeper and separated better then both coils on the nail board test.  The NEL was very close to the Mars in performance and both were noticeably better in every category against the Tek coil.  

My experience with a Mars Tiger Coil on an E-Trac was not so good.  I end up sending it back.  Very anemic... Inthink something was wrong with it or just didn’t mesh with FBS..

Bryan

• Like 2