Minelab Equinox Unveiled!

I wonder if the control box is detatchable from the grip?

And all the power supplied by the control box and whatever batteries are contained within? Will be interesting to know more.

Although not a deal killer, I'd like the coil connection to the control box a bit less exposed. Perhaps lower on the handgrip at the connection point with the upper rod, if it's not detatchable from the grip, and with a easily removed plastic protective shroud to prevent accidental damage in a roll-over incident, or while in brush and branches.

Looks like it might be modded for an internal coil cable if it were on a one piece shaft.

24 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Competition is now driving the market.  You have to be mindful of the competition and try to be better than it even at the expense of your own line.  Minelab will suffer from some cannibalization:

In marketing strategy, cannibalization refers to a reduction in sales volume, sales revenue, or market share of one product as a result of the introduction of a new product by the same producer.

The only feature I have not seen mentioned that I will miss is GPS.  If my phone doesn't interfere with this unit then I guess I won't miss it on the detector.

Mitchel

Yesterday, I really wanted a CTX.  Today?  I probably wouldn't pay $1000 for a new one.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MontAmmie said:

Yesterday, I really wanted a CTX.  Today?  I probably wouldn't pay $1000 for a new one.

Look I`ve a good CTX for sale cheap, I`ll throw in a Deus to clinch the deal.

Oh.....  tis a dog for sure, where`s my leash..........:wink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A question was ask where is the batteries. I think you will find them in the backside of the handle like on the Go_Find.

Chuck

PS I played the video over and over again to hear just what was said about charging the batteries. I keep hearing about a USB plug to charge the battery. I hope they have it fixed so if you forgot to you can put in a regular pack of batteries. I guess only time will tell.

I wonder too who may had their hot little hands on this detector in the US before now.

Hello Everyone,

I have been a long time lurker since Steve started his forum and I've followed his posts on other forms.  The Equinox is precisely what I have been asking for from Fisher, then First Texas, Minelab, Whites and anyone else who would listen.  Give me a rugged lightweight, multi-frequency detector that is WATERPROOF and had magnetic charging ability so I don't have to expose the electronics of my detector everytime I need to charge it.  My father and I have used CZ20 & 21, Excalibur and CTX for our snorkel detecting of salt water beaches for years.  We almost always came back to the CZ because it ticked most of the above requirements (it's the most rugged and has the most up time - the Excal and CTX leaked or had problems that put it out of commission while the CZ kept chugging along).  While the CTX found the deepest ring, a beautiful 18k white gold men's ring adorned with diamonds, and the Excal was very informative with the tones ( love that platinum wail) - they both did not hold up well to our hunting conditions and abuse from the environment which is hard for any detector.

At the announced price point of the Equinox, I'd be willing to be a beta tester again after I swore it off when I bought the CTX at launch (those pesky seals gave me anxiety Everytime I hunted).  If the performance matches the CTX I had, I'll be a happy camper just on weight and performance alone...snorkel detecting a salt water beach for 8 hours at a time gets tiring when you're swinging a boat anchor - I'm looking at you CTX and CZ!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

APPEARS TO BE A NO BRAINER............