Deus High Frequency Coil - 14 Khz Or....

57buick

I just ordered my first Deus and a HF coil. So can you clarify. In the parks around town should I keep the freq lower or still take advantage of the higher freq? Seems from the videos I've seen so far the higher freq make non-ferrous jump out more. So will I ever need to use the lower freq at all?

I understand I am gonna use the 80khz when prospecting for nuggets but have been curious  about the benefits of using the lower freq still

Forgive my newb questions.

Guest Tnsharpshooter
6 hours ago, 57buick said:

I just ordered my first Deus and a HF coil. So can you clarify. In the parks around town should I keep the freq lower or still take advantage of the higher freq? Seems from the videos I've seen so far the higher freq make non-ferrous jump out more. So will I ever need to use the lower freq at all?

I understand I am gonna use the 80khz when prospecting for nuggets but have been curious  about the benefits of using the lower freq still

Forgive my newb questions.

Alright, I have both HF coils for Deus.

Sounds like you will be using elliptical.

I don't have any real mild ground in my neighborhood.

My ground is medium to medium high mineralized mostly.

As far as using the different frequencies.

In my ground while comparing during actual hunts or testing elliptical HF coil, I have not seen one instance where using the lowest freq band (center freq 14.4khz) gave a better signal than using the middle frequency band  (center freq 28.8 kHz).

Using the middle freq also provides for better separation.

But using this center freq band also causes moreso for the upper end of Vdi scale to become more compressed.

Rememer milder ground as far as signals on buried targets, using lowest freq band may bring different results.

My suggestion would be to build an adjacent program utilizing 14.4khz for target check if you are doing select digging.  Doing this could also be used to check signals exposing iron wrap where meter reading can read in the 90s, meaning typically a nonferrous would decrease Vdi wise (although small here using these particular freqs) when going from 28.8khz to 14.4khz.

Now targets that don't yield numerical meter readings you'll have to go on your gut and experience in sorting out iron wrap from actual nonferrous signals provided.

Would have been nice had XP have give us the users a means to turn normalization ON when using the the higher freq bands.

Hope this helps.

Guest Tnsharpshooter
1 hour ago, 57buick said:

Great explanation, thanks, so switch to lower freq for checking questionable items. that makes sense. Thanks again

You are welcome.

You may find this info helpful.

Here is some data on some coins and a Eagle button.
First readings are with Elliptical coil set to 141414 hZ

Silver Dollar....97
Silver Half......96
Silver Quarter 94
Buffalo nickel..58
Wheat head....86
Merc dime......89
Zincoln...........83
1902 IH..........79
Eagle button...59

Freq changed to 28829 hz

Silver dollar.......98
Silver Half.........97
Silver Quarter....97
Buffalo nickel.....72
Wheat head.......91
Merc dime ........94
Zincoln.............89
1902 IH............87
Eagle button......76

Im not too worried about the numbers since I have found so many times gold jewelry for example will show numbers all over the range depending on what it is. So I basically try to dig everything above a certain tone or a trace of higher tone usually. If its not clear its just a piece of iron then I dig it. Thats, why Im surprised so many people, focus on skipping over certain numbers. I've seen gold show up on one end of the range to the other.

That's my limited experience anyway

• Like 1