Did Anyone But Minelab Show Up At Detectival?

43 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I also agree - Tom is a class act. So Tom, since it was there, any photos anywhere? If it's all about made in America how about you show us Americans instead of the bloody Brits! Spill it man.....

If there was a new White's machine at Detectival it was only there for verification of performance on ancient coins and relics in that particular ground. And if said machine happened to be photographed on our Facebook page it was only to share the history recovered by our field team member. Furthermore it would be foolish to post a link to any of those photos.

Working at White's has been a great learning experience for me... One thing I learned from the MX Sport/AT MAXXXX - never announce a product until it is ready to sell.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Thank you Tom for all the clarification.

I for one am very happy with my White's detectors and will patiently wait for White's to make their new machines available. 

It is getting close to time to come up to the factory again, Maybe I can get a tour this time.

Gotta bring up my Eagle Spectrum to have the backlight repaired anyway.

Thanks Tom it is good to see that Whites has taken on board past events and raised the bar in how they market and deal with the public, I like many modern machines but American Made does still mean something to some of us, In the mean time we wait patiently to see what Whites R&D bring out next.

WTG Tom,

John.

so tb, which 'merican' made phone do you use, lol

I bought the etrac the day it became availble up here in Canada. Literally blew the socks off of anything I had used

prior to that. Unbelievable....then same for the CTX and same story, went to all of the 'old' sites I couldn't find

anthing more with the etac and bam, lots of oldies I had missed, seriously.

Bottom line is I absolutely trust Minelab's ability to inovate. My order is in for this model. Now it may not be able to out-perform the CTX, in fact I doubt it will but it's light, inovative and I know it'll be downright fun to play with.

cheers tb and good luck with the new AT Max and all the 'buy merican' folks that snap it up, lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Over the years I have learned that a machine might work well in one place and not in another, my MXT smoked my Etrac in my junk filled sites and the Etrac had the edge at the beach, I sold the etrac because I am not into beach detecting, the fact is they are both good machines, As to performance Location plays a bigger part in detecting than the Name on the detector, and finding the best detector is impossible because no mater where a person is in the world Geology has the final say.

J.

• Like 2

It is surprising how many machines can't hit Gold and all the machines fitted with large DD coils fared the worst, and the machines fitted with the 6x8's fared the best along with the Deus, I am sure the MXT with either the 950 or the 5.3 would have hit that target, most likely the 5.3 would have, If the T2 had it's normal coil I would have expected it to have got it too, but not running the 15x12 SEF coil like that.

J.

Yes I was thinking that, Most folks here would not know how to set a machine up for finding Gold, When ever you mention it to people they seem to get side tracked or start doing other things. 

I have been reading some great threads here about using the CTX for nugget hunting, and then I had a thought and that is where the Zed does not like Salt pans and because the CTX is such a great Beach machine maybe the CTX would be a good choice for hunting the salt lakes in Aus and the salt pans in the US, ?

A bit off topic I know but if I didn't say it now I would of forget about it, anyways feel free to edit my post as needed but as I did not know where to say or post it.

J.