Minelab Equinox Versus Gold Monster 1000 For Prospecting

Cabin Fever

Fred

I was just trying to kick out your spokes so down the road I could buy that CTX cheap.

I too want something lighter as I get older but I've yet to figure out why that is.

The best to you

Chuck

• Like 1

Something interesting I came across on a video at the rally was that the Equinox 800 has 5 manual khz freq settings but in multifreq mode it has 7 and it scans above 40Khz in multifreq. This could be interesting I saw where Steve H. said the beach mode could be of interest for prospecting, if it scans above 40 khz in multifreq mode while on beach mode it could be great on tiny gold.

• Like 2

The beach mode if tuned properly will ignore salt water and so be no better than quite a few other detectors in that regard. If you hit tiny gold you hit salt water and if you ignore saltwater you ignore tiny gold. There is no way to avoid this with current technology.

However - one could run 40 kHz hot on the dry beach and multifrequency in the wet sand and salt water. Two detectors in one as far as beach detecting goes. This is probably the number one reason I am getting one.

• Like 1