Gold Found With QED

AussieMatt

I liked the result!  I wish I was there to see it.

Mitchel

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mn90403 said:

I liked the result!  I wish I was there to see it.

Mitchel

You could have filmed it as well, Mitch. Bloody hard working alone with just a phone - 

5 hours ago, jrbeatty said:

You could have filmed it as well, Mitch. Bloody hard working alone with just a phone - 

Of course I would have stopped for you but I'd have been looking for some of my own too!  haha

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Replacing all my lost images made me realise that I had completely missed posting the 2018 Victorian prospecting trip. I may have posted it here elsewhere but the images there would now be gone.

Reg and I scored over an ounce together, mainly from our new goldfield. The three rough bits were detected by Reg Wilson and I on an excursion to a patch of forest way out on the western edge of Victoria's gold bearing zone. The larger 5 gm piece (found first by Reg) got us excited but only had two more small companions. All found with the very latest QED's at the time, which Howard graciously supplied for testing.

Jc1ZNkyl.jpg

Most of it came from this shallow lead which begins at the distant low ironstone hill (looking up the lead):

oaCKdh6l.jpg

- - - and continues on through the far distant treeline onto the next property, which was under crop at the time, and again this year, so not yet done by us:

fKYaNXOl.jpg

Detail of rough 5 grammer:

hoeu2WTl.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

A short vid I made a few months ago. Shallow gold in  a Victorian paddock. My battered old 14" Elite strikes again  :)

Ploughed ground often puts gold in the topsoil within a few inches of the surface:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, goldenoldie said:

Is there a video of the QED detecting a decent size nugget at depth. Plenty of photos of gold but no actual video footage of their depth.

Depends what you call a "decent sized nugget" :)

Previous page has my amateurish phone vid of a sub oz piece at about 16". Biggest piece I've found with the Kwed was a 53 gram piece a few years ago, but that was dead shallow - and no vid.

• Like 2