Gold Found With QED

AussieMatt

• 7 months later...

Some QED finds made in the last few days, posted on the QED Facebook page, a private group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2879566565451218/

Only wish I was on the gold as well, too busy ATM.

From New Zealand by Gav Zilla:

1329456696_qedxcoilgoldNZ.thumb.jpg.016a50d8797d69aacac6a44a2f9fea82.jpg

- and "Crazy Miner" from Aus:

1322134148_crazyminerQEDgold.thumb.jpg.926bb3914b54897b98e970bf8f1a4583.jpg

Also a tiddler from Steve Vos:

1631479725_SteveVos.thumb.jpg.0cca34dbcc46a42650aa6383ce271e19.jpg

• Like 1

Was just about to search up this thread and hey presto, here it is.  

In the GT (Victoria, Australia) for a quick spin on the weekend and picked up these fella's over a few hours yesterday arvo and this morning. All from an old shallow lead on private property. 

Did some prospecting Saturday morning for nought and thought I would try the lead.   Pipe clay, decomposed and semi decomposed iron stone, quartz.  Iron stone/clay mix gave the QED a few issues in a couple of very specific lines on the edge of holes that would be 2-3 feet long in a line about 6 inches wide so knew it was not a genuine target. The signal would break up as soon as it was dug into.  The QED is running brilliantly after a recent fix of an issue I had been having since new (I just didn't know it was an issue).   Now running Mode 1 and Gain 6 in hot ground with a flat wound coil - hence a few issues with noise but that is to be expected.  

Most of these targets really kicked.  4 for the Sadie and 6 for the Detech 11".  The 2 bigger are about 1.25 grams and were both shallow - should have been found by anyone.  The piece near the 5 cent piece was is less than half a gram but signalled at approx 25 cms which was strange.  It was only a patchy signal but definitely something to investigate and brightened once a bit of dirt was cleared.  So many bullets, a large coin type token and the shallow gold leads me to think this little spot has not been detected well or for quite some time.  

So 10 for the weekend, just on 5 grams and the first gold trip that I have made to the GT (out of 6 trips) that I have actually more than paid for the weekend's expenses. 

And yes, there are only 9 nuggets in the pic.  I had a signal in a matchbox size piece of clay and thought that it would be gold or a piece of lead shot so was taking it back to the cousins for the kids to open.  Some friends that I have not seen for years stopped to chat and they have recently purchased a Gold Monster and haven't found any gold as yet, despite having detected this property but not in the better spots.  Showed them where I had been finding mine and let their young bloke (10 ish yrs old) crack open the Kinder surprise.  Finally got it down to the offending signal, he popped it in his mouth and it came out golden!  Happy lad.  

617294087_Goldpic.jpg.735265d5fcdc5cba7b7207fdc29508f2.jpg

Cheers. 

• Like 4