Gold Found With QED

AussieMatt

Thanks again everyone:

Our first foray with the QED's was back in February this year, and this was following up on about six ounces (found with my 5000 and Reg's 7000 the previous winter) detected on another shallow Tertiary lead which once drained the initial discovery area.

The new area prospected this February was a kilometre or so to the north of my initial discovery, and the ground looked promising. With permission obtained from the grazier, on the 28th Feb I fired up the QED and its 14" Elite, and began an initial early morning detect (to beat the summer heat) and a couple of hours later I hit the first shallow piece.

I quickly brushed the dirt off with my hands, rushed into my campervan and plonked it on the scales:

20170228_080558.thumb.jpg.f73f0feb504bfba9876b8387b343c124.jpg

At 8:05 am, I excitedly sent the above phone image to both Howard Rockey, the QED inventor, and my detecting mate Reg Wilson, who arrived on the paddock in record breaking time from his home duties  :smile: You can see the loose dirt still in the voids.

It's always a wonderful feeling to anticipate a whole new undetected, virgin gold area, and the imagination tends to runs riot. As it turned out, This area didn't disappoint --

• Like 3

On 9/26/2017 at 8:47 PM, auminesweeper said:

CooooL , it is just keeps getting better and better,  :wink:  keep em coming, 

Cheers au:

Reg and I worked that new run through the extreme heat for many days and the gold  kept coming. No tight patch though, it was strung out for about half a kilometre, a strung out eroded lead consisting of round quartz pebbles in a pipeclay/ferruginised sand bed. Here's the end result: 

IMGP1324.thumb.JPG.a31179c60be6402bd4c51f5d2cd93c72.JPG

You can see the initial 19 gram discovery piece (now cleaned) to the left of its big brother.

And the largest piece:

397369041_53grammerQED.thumb.jpg.54724bd2365ba17897e1947fbe3932b4.jpg

Finally, typical of the ground with Reg Wilson at work.

Did I mention it was hot?  :smile:

20170225_194647.thumb.jpg.4a277feadea4b9c598874888ba6a6403.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, auminesweeper said:

Good Lord JR, that's an incredible tally well done mate brilliant stuff,

Don't leave that fella out there without a drink, good workers are hard to find  :laugh:

WTG,

Did I mention that we gave the nearest pub a reasonable amount of patronage after knock off? :wink:

3 minutes ago, auminesweeper said:

I am glad to hear that the workers are being tended too, A couple more nuggets like that and you should be able to buy the place  :wub:

Not me, but Reg had found a 27 oz colour a few months earlier, so he nearly could.

Reggie has probably found more gold than almost anyone down in Vic, much of it way back as a Minelab prototype tester. What he doesn't know about prospecting isn't worth knowing. Couldn't ask for a better detecting buddy either!

• Like 1