Gold Found With QED

AussieMatt

JR,

Those are great gold pictures.  Each one is a handful.

Thank you and thank you JR's mentor Reg.  You seem to have swung along with the technology changes.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Glad you enjoyed them Mitchel.  Good to see JP drop in as well.

Reg is a living legend in detecting circles. Both the quantity and size of the gold he has found over the years is staggering, and his presence certainly pushes me to perform harder. He entrusted me to post his entire gold album on another forum, but that has now gone. What a pity we didn't post it here in the first place.

In my time I've been fortunate enough to work with other pioneering Australian detector/prospectors as well, including friend Jim Stewart. There is a detecting bash being held this weekend at Jims Laanecoorie lakeside park in his memory, and I would urge all nearby detector devotees to attend. Detectors will be demonstrated (Including Howard with the QED) and The proceeds are donated to cancer research, which is what claimed Jims life after a courageous struggle.

OK, I know!! off topic but just one more from Reg's album: :smile:  27 oz, 21.5 oz 2 X 9 oz, 14 oz, 7 oz, 3 oz.  Sep/Oct 1989

1539544337_27oz21.5oz2x9oz14oz7oz3oz.SeptOct1989.thumb.jpg.7216e3f6405f7d2f77c29267b60c74fe.jpg

• Like 9

Reg should be a millionaire by now and that pic makes my mouth water.

Thanks for sharing, the pic that is although I wouldn't mind a share in those nuggets.

Actually started detecting just after 1989 when I beat Leukaemia and had gold fever ever since.

• Like 4

JR,

As soon as I saw this picture one thought came to mind.  (Sometimes the mind works in mysterious ways.)  My thought was Reg sure had to eat a lot of flies to get those nuggets!

Once all of those nuggets are in hand we just see the glorious results but we sometimes don't see the hours, miles and sweat.  It certainly shows that in addition to all of that Reg has a nose for it as well.

Very nice pics and I'm sure Steve enjoys them too.  Heck, he might even start a separate thread with some of those beauties!  You could start/restart it if you like.  You'll see some other prolific finders who have posted here from their archives.

Mitchel

• Like 2

Hi everyone;  for me, it's the end of a tough week marking lambs, drenching ewes and feeding cattle - in other words, farming. :ohmy:

Goldenoldie: I'd rather gold fever than leukaemia every time. Wow! Well done shaking that horrible affliction off . Don't know about Reg being a millionaire but he sure deserves to be -

Kiwijw:  thanks for those wise words  -  and damn good to hear from you again!  I'll bet the ground where you detect has risen a bit from all that gold you've been removing.  :smile: 

All that other stuff you mentioned is behind us now, I've said all I'm saying about it and I won't be mentioning it again - onwards and upwards! 

Mitchel: You said it!  Reg sure has a nose for gold.  I'll give some thought to your suggestion about reposting Reg's gold album in a new thread - but it took a surprising amount of time to do it justice, time I just don't have at the moment. Is there an existing thread for posting historical finds? if so, I could maybe just "lob" the odd post in as time permits?

12 hours ago, auminesweeper said:

All Gold is Beautiful, And the story about the finder and the finding gives me the biggest kick,

Going out on a Limb here, But a good story even tops a good beer, :ohmy:  well almost  :laugh:

AU:  Sorry mate. That's "A Bridge Too Far" They do go together extremely well, however. :wink:

• Like 1

JR:

There is more than one picture thread of Australian gold on Steve's pages but here is one that I started in February.  Post away, drop'em on there, let us see'em ... you know what I mean.

Mitchel

• Thanks 1

On 10/5/2017 at 8:51 AM, jrbeatty said:

Glad you enjoyed them Mitchel.  Good to see JP drop in as well.

Reg is a living legend in detecting circles. Both the quantity and size of the gold he has found over the years is staggering, and his presence certainly pushes me to perform harder. He entrusted me to post his entire gold album on another forum, but that has now gone. What a pity we didn't post it here in the first place.

In my time I've been fortunate enough to work with other pioneering Australian detector/prospectors as well, including friend Jim Stewart. There is a detecting bash being held this weekend at Jims Laanecoorie lakeside park in his memory, and I would urge all nearby detector devotees to attend. Detectors will be demonstrated (Including Howard with the QED) and The proceeds are donated to cancer research, which is what claimed Jims life after a courageous struggle.

OK, I know!! off topic but just one more from Reg's album: :smile:  27 oz, 21.5 oz 2 X 9 oz, 14 oz, 7 oz, 3 oz.  Sep/Oct 1989

dms4t3.jpg

Thats th emortgage sorted well found!!!!!!!!!!

RR

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...

QED inventor Howard finds his biggest piece so far. Like Bruce Candy, Howard has little time for detecting. 

He's a one man band who not only designs, but also manufactures and assembles every machine he sells. I know he got a huge thrill finding this shallow 4.2 grammer in new ground late yesterday. Lets hope it's just the start of a patch. He writes:

"A 4.2 gram nugget at ~3" deep found late this afternoon with the QED fitted with an IBgold prototype coil. 
Many thanks to Reg Wilson for sussing out the promising area yesterday."

IMG_20190111_155909.thumb.jpg.5d124abad7aa4b7ccef5929456bd11ad.jpg

• Like 5