Gold Found With QED

AussieMatt

Hope this inspires you mate. They are small by Aussy standards.:biggrin: By the way the old guy in the first photo always said, "If it can't fit in the BEX bottle its a nugget." What is NZ standard these day or are all the bottle to big.:wink:

Edit. I forgot to mention that there more in the steel pans than the Plastic

Book 4-311.jpg

Book 4-312.jpg

Book 4-313.jpg

Book 4-314.jpg

Book 4-315.jpg

• Like 4

Why not row over...it looks close on my map!

just teasing...if you can't go slow on your own, get some hobbles or walk backward-that will slow you down a bunch.

My free try it, you will like QED is not in the mail....YET!

fred

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Honestly for me it’s simply the ergonomics. As long as the performance is in the ballpark I don’t care for all these hair splitting Internet battles over trying to be “the best”. Just give me a good performing machine fully integrated into a single unit with decent ergonomics at a decent price, and I would say QED has done that. The developers are therefore to be applauded! On the flip side things have been getting improved with QED and it is now looking far more like a finished product than earlier versions. There often is a benefit in patience and waiting for a new unit to get fine tuned. If nothing better comes along by next year (watching for dry land prospecting version of Fisher Impulse AQ personally) then I may take the leap. I am set for VLF but am still looking for that light, ergonomic PI, and right now QED looks better than any other option I am seeing. Garrett, I’m looking at you - you never delivered the LTX. Had it in the bag and took a pass... these companies just won’t listen!

• Like 5

Great posts on this one.  The QED is interesting and when it gets a foot hold in the US ill take a harder look at them.  For me right now im set with Gold monster, EQ800 and GPX4800.  

Simon - 

Something that may help you with your speed and coil control while detecting maybe to film yourself detecting then go back and watch it later.  This is done in a number of other sports and hobbies and  there seems to be something with watching yourself do something that hits home and helps you see what your doing wrong and right and take it to heart.  Just a thought.  

• Like 3

Tally so far:

IMG_20190806_090504.thumb.jpg.c7868133cd7e1156a87b57e74c3c73f6.jpg

With rain forecast for my last few days that may well be our blooming lot - - ?

• Like 5

On 8/3/2019 at 10:47 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

The pro has a tuned ear and their head is in the game. The novices I could often tell were bored out of their skulls. They want to find gold, not metal detect. Let’s face it, detecting is boring for many people. They only want to find. They are not paying attention and breeze by a faint signal that stops a pro in their tracks. Coil control, an ability to concentrate for long hours, and having the “ear” do most of the magic.

Another great 'nugget' of info from the site admin.  From my own experience, my finds tend to fall off with time during a hunt.  As I've spent much of my career trying to distinguish random events from non-random, this experience has happened enough that I'm pretty sure it's systematic.  In my case it's not boredom, but a related performance killer -- fatigue.  My back starts hurting; my ears start hurting (from the less-than-perfect fit of the headphones); my feet are dragging as my legs get tired.  I get hot, thirsty,....  Staying hydrated, getting rest at night, good nutrition, exercise (when not detecting), all those things help.  But I suspect among the most successful there is some kind of strong willpower that leads to overcoming all of these.  Just another goal to achieve in this leisurely, simple pasttime.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Still raining after all these months?  I suspect then there is ground saturation down at least a foot.

When I was there it was very wet and there were puddles all over Bendigo and a few other places but you could dig down 4 inches and be into dry dirt that was dusty.

You've had a pretty good go at it.  I suspect you can't stay much longer unless you get Reg a different vehicle.  He said people watch where he goes and they would soon be on to you and your gold.

Mitchel

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

James and I have already had a situation just recently where we have been followed and our spots flogged. Cheeky devils even camped on one patch. We checked after they left and found a few bits they missed. Our tally would have been better but for these parasites.

• Sad 3

On 8/5/2019 at 4:57 PM, GB_Amateur said:

Another great 'nugget' of info from the site admin.  From my own experience, my finds tend to fall off with time during a hunt.  As I've spent much of my career trying to distinguish random events from non-random, this experience has happened enough that I'm pretty sure it's systematic.  In my case it's not boredom, but a related performance killer -- fatigue.  My back starts hurting; my ears start hurting (from the less-than-perfect fit of the headphones); my feet are dragging as my legs get tired.  I get hot, thirsty,....  Staying hydrated, getting rest at night, good nutrition, exercise (when not detecting), all those things help.  But I suspect among the most successful there is some kind of strong willpower that leads to overcoming all of these.  Just another goal to achieve in this leisurely, simple pasttime.

What you need to do is metal detect in an Alaska summer with long daylight, so 12 hours detecting, in pouring rain, with mosquitoes so thick you can't breath without a head net, in thick brush full of bears. Maintain your concentration day in and day out while digging deep nails for a few weeks straight, and after that anything else is a piece of cake!

The funny part is I kind of miss it. No place like home.....

• Like 4
  • Haha 3