Minelab Pro-Find Pinpointer Pricing Announced

From http://www.minelab.com/usa/customer-care/product-notices?article=319527

18 Sep 2017 - Pending release of new PRO-FIND Series Pinpointers

Minelab is pleased to announce the pending release of our next generation PRO-FIND Series Pinpointers.

PRO-FIND Series Pinpointers assist in accurately locating targets at the point of extraction where a metal detector coil cannot fit.  This results in smaller holes, less environmental disruption and faster target recovery time.

There will be two new PRO-FIND Pinpointers available, the PRO-FIND 15, and the PRO-FIND 35, both of which will obsolete the existing PRO-FIND 25 model.

The PRO-FIND 15 offers essential core pinpointer features and is designed for simplicity and ease of use.  The PRO-FIND 35 provides premium level functionality in a fully waterproof design for the serious detectorist.  Both models use VLF transmission and incorporate Minelab’s unique Detector Interference Free (DIF) technology.

minelab-profind-15-logo.jpg

minelab-pro-find-15-pinpointer.jpg

• Splash proof design
  • Audio indication
  • High visibility
  • Holster included
  • Pro-Find 15 Minimum Advertised price (MAP) $99.00

minelab-profind-35-logo.jpg

minelab-pro-find-35-pinpointer.jpg

• Ferrous Tone ID
  • Waterproof to 3m (10ft)
  • Audio & vibration indication
  • Adjustable sensitivity
  • High Visibility
  • Holster & lanyard included
  • Battery included
  • Pro-Find 35 Minimum Advertised price (MAP) $129.00

Further product details and product availability will be announced in the coming weeks, on minelab.com and the Minelab Facebook page.

minelab-pro-find-15-35-pinpointer-large.jpg

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

There will be two new PRO-FIND Pinpointers available, the PRO-FIND 15, and the PRO-FIND 35, both of which will obsolete the existing PRO-FIND 25 model.

How can Minelab claim that the PRO-FIND 15 makes the PRO-FIND 25 obsolete when the former has no vibrating function? Having poor high-frequency hearing, I rely on the vibrating function all the time.

I think what they mean is the Pro-Find 25 is being discontinued. The 35 replaces the 25 as a model with extra features, and the 15 replaces it as a lower price feature limited model. In either case in my opinions it just boils down to the Pro-Find 25 being discontinued and replaced by the Pro-Find 15 and Pro-Find 35. If you want to replace a 25 with a newer model and want the vibrate function, then the Pro-Find 35 would be the choice.

I agree - I only use my pinpointers in vibrate mode.

Hmmmm.... Seems everything MineLab is doing now is obsoleting everything...... I guess I will just have to remain obsolete.....:blink:

In the marketing world you want to be in 'control' of your message.  Minelab is in control if they compare their new products to their old products.  If they were to compare themselves to another brand (pinpointer or detector) then that brand could object and 'play off' of the comparison to disparage the competition.  It is better to obsolete one of your own products. 

Some product marketers will to go directly at the competition but at a risk which it seems Minelab is not needing to take.  There are many among us who will test and compare.

The 35 is something I would consider buying but never a 15 or a 25.

Mitchel