My 7000 Has Died

phoenix

I was one minute into the day when the 7000 lost sound to the WM12`s.  This has happened before but restarting the detector always fixed it, but this time the detector wont power off either.  The only way I can turn it off is to unplug the battery.  Tried everything, turned off the GPS, plugged in 2 sets of headphones, did a full detector reset- Still no sound and wont power off.  I phoned Minelab, they seem to know what`s wrong with it and only want the back end of the detector back, not the coil or shafts or battery
Thank goodness there is still 5 months of warranty on my detector.letter - Copy - Copy.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Wow.  Now you have me worried.  Every once in a while I will be fiddling back and forth with my settings a lot and the sound will go out on mine.   I will then have to do a power restart.  Not too often thankfully. Crossing my fingers mine doesn't get worse.

Glad yours was under warranty!!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Andyy said:

Wow.  Now you have me worried.  Every once in a while I will be fiddling back and forth with my settings a lot and the sound will go out on mine.   I will then have to do a power restart.  Not too often thankfully. Crossing my fingers mine doesn't get worse.

Andy I don`t think you have anything to worry about.  Mine would lose sound sometimes when I changed "ground type" but I always got sound back when I restarted the detector. Apparently what has happened to mine this time is a completely separate issue. Dave

• Like 1

Flak

Just hold the power button for a  few seconds at start up, screen will ask if you want total reset or just settings, just settings usually works.                My Zed recently died. The select button refused to work, and would only work after total reset. I sent it in for repairs and it came back with a new control panel and handle assembly. The detector works properly now. Between transportation to and from, I was without my detector for over a month, no mention from Minelab that there might be an added month of warranty.  Just saying.

Norm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hopefully it's sorted quickly Phoenix.  I would sort of feel a little bit confident that even if it was out of warranty by a few months Minelab might still fix this for you gratus.  They seem pretty accomodating and reasonable - in Oz anyway. 

I did initially have the sound go out a few times when changing the ground or gold modes but it hasn't happened for a very long time now.  Strange that it would be an issue and then right itself but happy that it has. 

Hope it's back soon. 

• Like 1

I think there is a bug there that Minelab is not aware of.  It is always when switching between ground modes multiple times that the sound goes out.  The majority of the time, I don't need to switch that often, but if I want to get a check whether it is more likely than not, ground noise, then I will switch back and forth.  Do this too often in a short time span and you will lose volume.  At least for my machine.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1