Minelab Equinox Multi-IQ And Search Modes

Oh I'll probably do a buy and try on the Equinox like everyone else.   I'm sure it will have its fine points. 

First time you crawl under a porch or into a crawl space with a metal detector you suddenly realize the equipment limitations.    The AT series can come off the rod and be put in your pocket or on a belt behind your back or tucked in a sack and dragged behind you no matter what you are crawling through, over, or around.  

HH
Mike

Mike,

I understand that the Minelab control box can be removed from the rod, and placed on any rod configuration you so choose, so you could probably "put it in your pocket" just as you are saying with the AT series...

Steve

3 hours ago, Mike Hillis said:

The Garrett AT series is a use anywhere/take anywhere design Mr Charles Garrett would have been very happy with.  The MX Sport/Equinox is locked into a pole design and thereby limited in usage to the normal 

It has already been noted the Equinox can be mounted on another rod assembly or no rod at all. Does not matter though, if what you have already serves your needs, great. I start these threads about new detectors for people who are interested, not as sales pitches to people who are not.

• Like 1

Sorry.  My bad.   Makes me look like a troll.

Mike

On 10/4/2017 at 6:55 AM, Mark Gillespie said:

Don't know about their engineering department, but their marketing department appears to be the best.

There have been many posts in the past month regarding Minelab's (and others') marketing techniques.  This morning's Dilbert cartoon, although not directly related, sure rang a bell with me:

http://dilbert.com/strip/2017-10-07

:biggrin:

• Haha 1

Mr Hillis, puleeze, no more posting before you have your morning coffee!

Will do.   

HH
Mike

I'm waiting for my ZEQ patiently.... I'm  "all in," as Steve says

I decided last month to send my Makro Gold Racer out to a friend in eastern Colorado who is a newbie to coin and relic hunting..

So far he is having a blast with it and he is making many FB videos--- I had already given my Nokta AU Gold Finder to a travel nursing friend from WI last March and he too has gotten the bug bad,,,lol

Seems it is my job to spread this disease nationwide!!!!

Seriously, I love to give back ---- Much has been given to me by a lot of you out there... so it is actually a direct reflection on your generosity and kindness....not mine.

Now go find some weight !!!!

• Like 6

If you want to read more about the headphones for the Equinox then go to MD-Hunter Blog.

I'm all ears on anything I can read about the Equinox being I have one on order from Rob.

What I'd like to know is just when will the Equinox be out? I'm ready to play being it's getting cooler and nothing to play with.haha

Chuck