SDC 2300 Headphone Plug Part Number

rumblefish

You just asked the $64 question.

Nenad in OZ has sourced the headphone end mating connector to make his extension leads, which are available from dealers here in the US.

Since the detector is in the same case as the F3 Compact mine detector which is MILSPEC, I'm inclined to believe,that the connector is a standard item and likely has a National Stock number (NSN) - but unless ML feels like providing that information or the part is marked with it, there's no way to tell.

I found a few things online, but I've yet to determine if they are the right ones. Most seem to be made in China and it might only be possible to get them as a bulk order (unless I can convince them to send samples). I'm in Spain so there may be some suppliers in europe who have something suitable. The ideal would be a 6-pin plug to standard jack adaptor, but that might be tricky if the plug on the SDC is an unusual configuration. Failing that I think I saw some extension leads from China. See above.

Thanks for your help.

Here are a couple of links to connectors I found. I'm not an electronics expert so I have no idea if they are the right ones.

I think this connector, at the top of the page, has open wires at the other end (it's not clear): HR-10 Hirose male connector

I'm not sure what is on the other end of this one: 16YT-6J socket and plug

I'll keep looking and see what I can dig up.

All I can do to help is provide good photos. The female end retracts slightly to go over and lock onto the male end, so I show it twice, once retracted. The male end is 7 mm across.

I hate this adapter. I wish they had used the same one as on the CTX 3030 and then both could share headphones. Standardization? Who ever heard of that?

post-1-0-92530100-1416428076_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-63661200-1416428086_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-73127200-1416428087_thumb.jpg

I'm wondering if it might be possible to unscrew that female connector and rewire to a standard jack plug? In any case I think I'll unscrew it to see if there are any reference details to the plug on the casing or the cable hidden inside the body. Thanks Steve.

The female fitting does not "unscrew" but it can be cut off and used to make your own adapter. JP describes the process here http://golddetecting.4umer.net/t19319-sdc-head-phone-mods

Or you can of course just bite the bullet and buy the adapter at http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/293-headphone-adapter-for-minelab-sdc-2300/ I have one and it works great. I have uneven hearing (a bit deaf in my right ear) so I much prefer using my Sun Ray Pro Gold headphones to employ the dual volume controls. For all that Minelab charges for these detectors they should all come with headphones that have volume controls, especially since the SDC has no built in volume control.